SAS Solid Axle Summit #4 Official Thread 2020 (6 Viewers)

SAS #4 Color Choices

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@POTATO LAUNCHER You may only be at 74. Sorry but I just have to question that last name on your list. 🤔

20200131_063848.jpg

thanks everything you do behind the scenes Casey!
I listed my Mud handle but forgot to list vehicle type. I’ll be bringing Beastie of course, a BJ70.

Much appreciated Maggie. It takes several individuals to put this together each year but as a group of directors it always comes together. I am just the Voice more or less that conveys information to the Forum. Without IH8Mud we all wouldn't know each other so kudos to all you guys for being active Mud Members that keep these cool old trucks doing what they were intended to do.
Casey...

Everyone please vote in the poll for SAS #4 color at the top of the page. You guys get to do that every year. 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆

I will call them later. I am 90% sure I got MC06. I will be staying in my 60 so I will have room in my site. Here is a google map of all the sites from the KOA website.

So I was just thinking about the number of 60-series engine mounts that failed on the trail last year. We should make an effort to be sure someone brings things like that.

I know everyone is more than willing to lend a hand wrenching and pitch in whatever parts they have. What I'd like to do is throw together a quick sheet of "mission critical spares" for each of the common vehicles. By putting your name/parts on, you would be making them available to those in need, and we'd know right where to go to get what instead of waiting till everyone is back at camp and making the rounds asking for this and that. It could be a real time saver.

Any thoughts on the best way to organize/store this? Will folks contribute if I throw this up on a google drive?

I'm picturing something like this: (not an actual/exhaustive list, just a demo). There's also an area for specialty tools/universal parts and a column to the right not visible that shows the capsite number.
Screenshot_20200131-121042_Chrome.jpg

:meh: Wasn’t me
Good grief, how did I mess that up? Good idea anyway.
Klaus this is a very good point. When you sign up for SAS and are willing to drive your vintage and iconic rigs to Ouray, wheel in the amazing San Juans and drive them home please be prepaired. As stated, many of us have spares and an extremely good selection of trail tools. However, if you don't drive your Cruiser regularly consider doing PMs and Nut N Bolt everything. Driveshaft bolts, U-Bolts, frame mounts, anything you can get wrench on check for tightness. Grease U-Joints, replace hoses and belts that are questionable. Brakes are a very critical thing also, many of the trails are switchback and have steep ascents and descents. Basically anything that could cause a problem is better taken care of at home. Any one of us will jump in gladly to resolve any issues that might arise. This event probably has the best collective of in person mechanical knowledge for these old rigs.
Get to know every inch of your rig and start making small trips in your area to verify dependability. There is no way you can predict a failure but some well planned preventative maintenance and upkeep will make your time in the your Cruiser much more enjoyable.
If you don't have a fire extinguisher and a CB or a FRS/ GMRS/ Ham radio consider adding them. Towstraps, shackles and a good winch are useless if you aren't familiar with their proper and safe use.
Of all the events that I have attended, SAS is always hands down the most knowledgeable and family oriented jump in and help event. I take great pride in knowing each and every one of you have what it takes to make this successful and memorable to all that attend.
Thanks so much for putting your faith in a small group of like minded people with the "Cruiser Sickness".
Casey...

@Kleatus this spare parts list is a great idea. Thanks and please do. ‘Build it and they will come’.

So far I have 22, will update as more come in then I'll update the map to highlight where everyone is.

IH8Mud Handle
Site #
@mattressking, @Rockymtnreaper, @EasternYeti
55​
@GA Architect
Cabin 83​
@POTATO LAUNCHER
46​
@CenTXFJ60
46A​
@drenmaster
43​
@NookShneer & Hunter, @Hojack
55B​
@Beastiethe70
50​
@thatcabledude, @mesa man @Mesa Woman
45​
@Dilspec
89​
@Michael B
MC05​
@The Jade Bean & Family, @Yackster
52C​
@8cam
42A​
@FJ60Cam
Cabin 21​
@Bullzi
54​
@John McVicker, @The Machinist
47A​
@Kleatus & Shelley, Ogden, Charlotte, Cruiser Pup
52B​
@dogfishlake & Buddy
44​
@Atexsouth
53​
Ended up getting cabin 22A for myself and @BrandonAz

Think my SAS will make it up Imogene? It has the all the torque of a Prius.

20200131_123754.jpg

Do you support any charities in Ouray county? Maybe pass a bucket or two the evening of the raffle to support a local charity such as a woman’s shelter, food bank or trail maintenance group. Should easily get $500 to 1k.

Just a thought.

That is our plan actually, thanks for asking. You are more than welcome to purchase some raffle tickets to fund that as well. Are you located in Ouray?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom