Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had my rear bumper stripped and powder coated by sandblast America in Manassas. This is the third item they’ve done for me and always very happy with the quality of work; definitely recommend.

The original owner had it coated in some sort of bedliner that was starting to peel off.

View attachment 2172958

View attachment 2172959

View attachment 2172961

View attachment 2172962

View attachment 2172964
SBA does good work and are fair priced as well. They did some parts on my 40 and a dump bucket off a tractor and had it all back in 3 days.

Think I just had a coil pack go out in the 100-series. Hoping that’s all but the more than 1 cylinder misfire per the scan Advance Auto parts did for me— results below. It had been sitting for a bit over the holidays still seems weird.

P0300 - multiple misfire
P0303 - cylinder 3 misfire
P0304 - cylinder 4 misfire
P0306 - cylinder 6 misfire

Cylinder 3 and 4 makes sense for a bad coil and sympathetic code in the matching cylinder (based on what I’ve read in the 100-series forum). The addition of a cylinder 6 has me concerned. It does follow 4 then 3 in firing order— not sure that means anything though.

Running rough and down on power but drivable-ish. Cleaning the MAF helped a bit.

Ordered two Denso coil packs and cable to get Techstream setup so I can dig in more.

mostly using this to troubleshoot:

I picked up Techstream and an obd2/usb cord— it was one of the pricier ones on Amazon ($57) but the installation was smooth on my 64-bit Windows 10 laptop. Others had noted a lot of issues with newer laptops. The seller was quick to respond with download links since I have no CD drive and the product key. supplied instructions were spot on. First time I’ve needed it since buying the 100 in June and putting 8k miles on it.

After scanning in more detail I installed the new coils in cylinders 3 and 6 and the 100 is back in business. I think six was the main culprit but wasn’t going to fiddle more since it was cold, dark and I was working outside.

mud saves the day again.
AAEF6705-CB2A-43D1-92AA-B7E377C6F876.jpeg
893E020E-8B44-478F-B10C-1936B6A15911.jpeg
5709012B-D4CD-4FED-A245-373FE82464AF.jpeg

Had my rear bumper stripped and powder coated by sandblast America in Manassas. This is the third item they’ve done for me and always very happy with the quality of work; definitely recommend.

The original owner had it coated in some sort of bedliner that was starting to peel off.

View attachment 2172958

View attachment 2172959

View attachment 2172961

View attachment 2172962

View attachment 2172964

Do those guys do small parts like 40 engine bay brackets and air cleaners?

Do those guys do small parts like 40 engine bay brackets and air cleaners?
yes, I believe so. I had them so rock warrior wheel rings which aren't that different in size. Depending on the finish you're after, I have some things I wouldn't mind bundling with yours if needed.

What do you think they’d charge for sliders? Got my white knuckle sliders bare and intended to paint them but if I can get a good deal on quality powder coat I’d consider it. I’d be happy to bundle too.

The next FJ62 project.

I also have an 80 series steering box to install too at some point. tech day soon?

ordered from McGeorge Toyota outside Richmond and the idler pulley box says ‘Quantico DEA training’...interesting
E85D0D0B-6646-4A32-8834-1D580DB3AEF7.jpeg
85F5C659-6409-48D5-A24C-931D6C1073C5.jpeg

Finished up my relay box and OBA manifold clean-up/update.
IMG_20200112_202756.jpg
IMG_20200112_202745.jpg

Also bought 50ft of every size of plastic split loom. Should be good for a while...
IMG_20200112_202723.jpg
IMG_20200112_202907.jpg

Just bought a 1st Gen taco. 6cyl manual with manual everything else.

Going to bedline the exterior tan, add a front winch plate and or bumper, mild lift eventually, and some 31" or 32" all terrains

All after fluids, brakes, seals, and a good cleaning. Zero frame rust, came from Colorado. Mild body rust in the tailgate bed corners.

Just bought a 1st Gen taco. 6cyl manual with manual everything else.

Going to bedline the exterior tan, add a front winch plate and or bumper, mild lift eventually, and some 31" or 32" all terrains

All after fluids, brakes, seals, and a good cleaning. Zero frame rust, came from Colorado. Mild body rust in the tailgate bed corners.

Sweet! Check @caz 's gen 1 build thread on the Keystone page. Got pics?

Figured that since it's just raining and not near freezing that the chance of dying from exposure was low so I reconnected all my exhaust parts and sensors back on the is300. Fishing the rear sensor wires under the interior carpet was way easier than i was prepared for. Took a 20 seconds crank on the remote start to fire her up. I'm thinking maybe the car alarm immobilizer was not liking the battery being disconnected for so long.
The constant stream of steam coming out of the exhaust concerned me a bit for the first 5min, but I'm thinking that water just found itself in the 3" tip and the shipping oil needs to burn off.

Now to see if the emissions guy hates me...or is just annoyed that I keep bringing him vehicles to fail.

Get a drill powered rubber eraser wheel for pin stripes. That takes off old adhesive and things with ease. Just make sure to keep moving since it gets hot

I have one coming later today. Filled the holes and put some bed liner on this afternoon. I think I didn’t quite scuff the paint enough near my tapeline and I left the tape on a little too long. I got some peel off when I removed the tape. I’ll have to touch that up later

CAC665B1-CA44-4C62-BC3B-154F6DAF49E0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom