Bolt on turbo kit (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So basically the issue is from added boost. Just need to figure out how to mitigate it. I don't want it popping up during testing.

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 3.21.12 PM.png

In my 1500 miles trip it stayed on no problem. Drove to get coffee and run errands and now it pops off :rolleyes:

After reading thru this its likely CAT related. I have to use the CATs I did the initial testing with so crossing my finger that all goes ok:

It is just anytime you have excessive back pressure. Could be the Cats but you will also have a little more back pressure on any turbo vehicle since the exhaust turbine is a restriction, but I wouldn't think it would be too bad considering the turbo size and low boost. It is possible it is a stacking, effect.

I had that hose blow off when the catalyst inside my front cat broke and turned sideways, blocking the exhaust.

Very strange. I had one of the first turbos on the street. Was never an issue I had to deal with. My cats have 240,000 miles on them. This will be interesting to hear more of.
I replaced all my vacuumed lines 6 months ago with my head rebuild, so it can’t be old lines that are petrified in place over many decades.

Updates required.......... Next round shipping?

Spent some time over at the pipe shop yesterday. I was going to strong arm them into giving me the J-Pipes so I can get these borders out. No luck. They won’t be ready til early next week. But...I was able to pick up three boxes worth of downpipes.

So, I’ve decided that I’m going to start shipping out partial kits starting on fri/sat to get a leg up on turbo orders. The next 12 or so orders will go out (well 2 out of 3 boxes anyway) and the remaining J-pipe box will go out after next weekend because I will be in SF for a few days next week.

oh and BTW, if you are considering the downpipe blanket, order up because the order is going in tomorrow morning.

C1669810-D091-47BC-86CD-A3382B2CD4F5.jpeg

Ordered a blanket :)

Thanks for the update Joey. :cheers:

Cruiserdan used to say "gotta feed my dogs". Wonder what Joey's line is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom