LM7/4L60E swap with no lift (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is also a plug & wire harness assy that runs up the tunnel from the Tcase, and ends at the fire wall. Keep that from the old Toyota. Also I’d cut off the IH1 and IH2 connectors from the old engine harness.

Found one spot of rust that I need to repair. Looks like something was dripping water on one side.
IMG_20191108_195028.jpg

No rust on the other side.
IMG_20191108_195031.jpg

I will cut out the rust and weld in some 18 gauge steel.

Last edited:
Harmonic balancer is easy, just buy the removal tool. You can get the harmonic balancer back on really easily by heating it with a torch. Get it to 250 with a Map gas and it will go right on. That being said I wouldn't touch anything that isn't leaking

Shoot, I’d replace everything besides the headgaskets since it’s sitting there in open. The knock sensors too. It’s cheap and easy. I’d recommend the headgaskets to is they aren’t MLS type. The fiber style are known to sometimes get slow leaks.

It’s recommended to RTV the seal over the knock sensors also.

He said 2003. = the good metal gaskets

To those of you who are running stock Toyota fuel feed/return lines. How are you connecting those lines to the vortec intake? I don't want to cut off the banjo until I know that I won't need it...

To those of you who are running stock Toyota fuel feed/return lines. How are you connecting those lines to the vortec intake? I don't want to cut off the banjo until I know that I won't need it...
The stock fuel lines hook to hardlines by the firewall below the brake booster. You can adapt to those.

I fabbed a AN-6 adaptor to fit the Toyota fuel feed line:

start at post #42.

Actually, you probably won’t need the 5/16 to AN-6 return line fitting. I just used standard fuel line and hose clamps.

Correct, but I recommend fuel injection rated hose and fuel injection rated clamps. Any auto parts store sells it

I didn’t realize it when I made the adapter, but they are available on EBay. Just search :
AN-6 male to M14x1.5 female inverted flair adapter

Picked up a 2WD 4l60e with 90k miles for $350 this weekend. What is the best way to plumb the transmission cooler lines? My trans has the stock GM lines cut off. I'd like to use the factory Toyota external cooler but I don't know if that would be sufficient cooling/easy to adapt fittings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom