Carolina Relic Run 26-29 April (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

REGISTRATION IS OPEN!

Carolina Relic Run 2018- April 26-29th 2018

@Orangejon Your 95 4Runner will be welcome, as will any other 1991+ Toyota, you're just not gonna be driving it out on the Saturday morning "Relic Run" ride or Saturday afternoon group photo shoot. The "Relic Run" will depart Group Camp around 9am and will rendezvous around 1030-1100am at one of the trail parking lots (usually Flatwoods Trailhead) to break out into "rest of the day" runs for everybody. We usually take Wolfden to Falls Dam to get there.

@apinti is correct. While most Relics will usually just make the morning easy "Relic Run", there will be all levels of builds so there will be groups splintering off afterward. Old and new are welcome to mix at this point. Just get talking around camp Friday to see who's interested in what. You will also be able to kind of figure that out just by eyeballing the rigs.

RE: Wednesday arrivals... The Arrowhead Campground and the Badin Lake Campground are just up and down the road from Group Camp and are both in the park. Make reservations ahead of time. At least one of them has a bathhouse, maybe both.

Ya'll might have seen the pic of my new goggles in our CRR thread...yeah, seriously. Not kidding. Especially if it's dry and you wear contacts and drive an open top. It's a long ride on gravel to the trailhead. It's even longer on gravel to get back to camp unless you 'wheel your way back. Generally, the 3rd truck in the line is no better off than the last, no matter how far back the line goes. Headlights ON can make a huge safety difference at times.

@Von Hayek Sorry to hear that you'll have your hand full. Or, hands, from what I hear.

Anybody is free to reach out to me via PM or tagging me on MUD if you have any questions about the area or the CRR itself. I'll do my damnedest to screw you over and ruin your day lend a hand. Maybe not the kind that Von Hayek gives, tho.

Last edited:
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!

Carolina Relic Run 2018- April 26-29th 2018

@Orangejon Your 95 4Runner will be welcome, as will any other 1991+ Toyota, you're just not gonna be driving it out on the Saturday morning "Relic Run" ride or Saturday afternoon group photo shoot. The "Relic Run" will depart Group Camp around 9am and will rendezvous around 1030-1100am at one of the trail parking lots (usually Flatwoods Trailhead) to break out into "rest of the day" runs for everybody. We usually take Wolfden to Falls Dam to get there.

@apinti is correct. While most Relics will usually just make the morning easy "Relic Run", there will be all levels of builds so there will be groups splintering off afterward. Old and new are welcome to mix at this point. Just get talking around camp Friday to see who's interested in what. You will also be able to kind of figure that out just by eyeballing the rigs.

RE: Wednesday arrivals... The Arrowhead Campground and the Badin Lake Campground are just up and down the road from Group Camp and are both in the park. Make reservations ahead of time. At least one of them has a bathhouse, maybe both.

Ya'll might have seen the pic of my new goggles in our CRR thread...yeah, seriously. Not kidding. Especially if it's dry and you wear contacts and drive an open top. It's a long ride on gravel to the trailhead. It's even longer on gravel to get back to camp unless you 'wheel your way back. Generally, the 3rd truck in the line is no better off than the last, no matter how far back the line goes. Headlights ON can make a huge safety difference at times.

@Von Hayek Sorry to hear that you'll have your hand full. Or, hands, from what I hear.

Anybody is free to reach out to me via PM or tagging me on MUD if you have any questions about the area or the CRR itself. I'll do my damnedest to screw you over and ruin your day lend a hand. Maybe not the kind that Von Hayek gives, tho.
Good to go! :) CLCC crew, whats the plan for camping down there?

Good to go! :) CLCC crew, whats the plan for camping down there?

Depends on when everyone is heading down. Wednesday we will have to get a reservation. Thursday we find a spot and squat.

I think I'm in too. I'll be driving the 40 so I'll probably only wheel it for the Relic Run, whichever morning that is.

I'm going to register Friday when I get my allowance.

Ok so the consciences is we go down Thursday?

Last edited:
Yes fixed it.

Bummed I'll be missing this. No relic, and besides the wife is gone that weekend. Damn kids ruin everything!

I think I'm in too. I'll be driving the 40 so I'll probably only wheel it for the Relic Run, whichever morning that is.
That would be Saturday, 9:00am.

Registered. Will be heading down Thursday. Should have plenty of room in the 4 Runner in case the club needs to move any equipment.
Good man, i.e. never underestimate the value of a pop-up shelter in our NC April weather. Or would you rather hit up my parents on the way down and pick up some furniture for me?

@JohnVee

Did you say I can drop off my furniture at your parents???
Just in time I need to get rid of a couch and love seat!!

@JohnVee

Did you say I can drop off my furniture at your parents???
Just in time I need to get rid of a couch and love seat!!
Oh, a swing and a miss! My folks are in the opposite direction. You know, whichever way you're NOT heading.

Just for that, I'm gonna have to do this:

We're happy to announce that CRR2018 registration is now open! We’d like to let everybody know that we’d love to see you at our 3rd Annual Carolina Relic Run. Oh, it’ll be a scene, man. Here’s a little TLDR (too long, didn’t read) synopsis of what we’re laying down this year.

-April 26-29 (YEAH! Starts on a Thursday!)
-Uwharrie National Forest in Troy, NC
-Early - 1990 (by build date) Land Cruisers are the focus
-Anyone can come with the proper registration
-Family friendly
-Awesome campground
-Uwharrie (URE) offers so many things to do (and possible Bigfoot sightings)
-Catered Saturday Southern-Style dinner with registration
-Cruiserheads of Tomorrow (17 years old or less) are free with paid adult
-Super cool Saturday RELIC’s ONLY trail ride and group photo
-Mega cool prizes for an assortment of Relic-related radicalness
-Registration discount if purchased before April 9th
-Hmmm. I think I’m forgetting something. What could I be missing? :doh:
Wait for it…...RAFFLE!!! With special Relic Drivers Only prize!!!

Start HERE for all the groovy details then clear your calendar to come hang with the coolest people from all over the East Coast. We can say that because you’ll be there, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom