Fall Crawl 2023 Discussion Thread - October 27-29 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Let’s start up this discussion thread for Fall Crawl 2023.

Official Dates: Friday October 27th - Sunday October 29th.

Registration: Opens August 25 at 7pm. Information can be found here https://capitallandcruiserclub.com/fall-crawl-2023-registration/
Reminder: We’ve been told we can’t be bringing in obvious dump loads of fire wood. Last year was pretty damn cold. The Cove sells wood but it’s very expensive. Be prepared.

Who’s going? Who’s excited? What’s on the menu? Who’s going to be attending for the first time? This is the right place to ask questions and plan ahead.

Last edited:
Looking forward to a great time again this year!

I am looking forward to this like i do every year...

Menu items I am thinking about doing the BBQ Ground Venison Mac 'n Cheese with enough to share on Thursday night. As for Friday Night... what would people say to the Teriyaki Beef in lettuce cups again? Something warm and filling for the cold nights!

as for the cold weather.... Last year i was fine with my sleeping arrangement of blankets, bed and sleeping bag but I stepped up the boogie camping game with a Gazelle T4 tent and added .....

a Buddie Heater!! I also can dedicate a 5lb propane bottle to just this if i need to make it last every night all night!

1691192963581.png

@Svensk120 I’ve got a Gazelle T4 plus. They make awesome gear. I’ll probably throw together some campfire nachos and the old standards. We’ve got a Coleman inflatable cot that’s worked great for trips in the past. I look forward to this trip every year. 😬

This was the CLCC corner at this years Relic Run.... T4 T4 T3.... it was a gazelle fest!

1691196501656.png

and just last month this was my setup at the Coal Mine Classic...

1691196575587.png

and the night time shot looks AWESOME!!

1691196618010.png

We had a HELL of a rain storm LATE Saturday night like Noah volumes of rain. The Gazelle was perfectly dry except for when i opened the door to look out LOL.... Sadly I can't say the same for @prharper ... his site wasn't the best and he had a small lake in his tent. Lucky for him his cot kept him off the ground a bit and dry.

This was the CLCC corner at this years Relic Run.... T4 T4 T3.... it was a gazelle fest!

View attachment 3392788

and just last month this was my setup at the Coal Mine Classic...

View attachment 3392789

and the night time shot looks AWESOME!!

View attachment 3392790

We had a HELL of a rain storm LATE Saturday night like Noah volumes of rain. The Gazelle was perfectly dry except for when i opened the door to look out LOL.... Sadly I can't say the same for @prharper ... his site wasn't the best and he had a small lake in his tent. Lucky for him his cot kept him off the ground a bit and dry.
Cot saved me for sure. Ordered an Oztent. That won’t happen again.

I was all set on the Gazelle as my next tent - in green!

After waking up in the lake, @Pacer showed me the floor construction of his Oztent and I was sold.
I will add that the river flowing down the hill widened and went under my tent. I was at the lowest point in our campground. Can’t blame the Nemo tent, the owner could have should have pitched it on the opposite side of the pad. 🙄 After getting home, had to pitch the tent in back yard, hose down and dry out. Hot ass humid weekend too. The joys of tent camping!

A lot of compromises with the Oz tent 4, it's like rolling up a dead body in a carpet every time you have to break camp. All bagged up and ready for travel, it's well over 6 ft long.
Travels on my roof rack better than in my truck.

Must be staked to the ground if you want the full volume inside and to use the installed awning.

It's not all bad, we were bone dry and have been for many rainy nights.

It sets up fast, and I can stand up in it.

The awning works well, the tent ventilates well....

PXL_20230627_123013773.jpg

I’ve got a wedding on that Saturday, so looks like I’ll be out again. One of these years the stars will align again. Thanks for all that put their time into make these events happen!

Gazelle... Works for me.... Should be the the official sponsor of CLCC.... Maybe get them to donate some dinner!!

View attachment 3394376

Npt sure about having them donate some dinner but be nice to raffle off a tent at the Fall Crawl!!

A lot of compromises with the Oz tent 4, it's like rolling up a dead body in a carpet every time you have to break camp. All bagged up and ready for travel, it's well over 6 ft long.
Travels on my roof rack better than in my truck.

Must be staked to the ground if you want the full volume inside and to use the installed awning.

It's not all bad, we were bone dry and have been for many rainy nights.

It sets up fast, and I can stand up in it.

The awning works well, the tent ventilates well....
when did you break down and get one?

I have had the rv5 a little over 13 years and mine has been great. But like pacer said its large to store. You would think it was a 4 room tent the with the size of the bag. Over the years i have had only one problem and it was user error. I did have to replace the storage bag as mine got too much sun and fell apart. I would get a good ground mat for it. I used to use tarps but went to the oztent mesh floor to protect the thick floor.

I've never really been a camping type, but really considering breaking down and getting one of the T4 overlands...at $429 right now, it seems like a bargain.

How cold was it last year at Fall Crawl? Just trying to plan on the best sleeping options for either tent or back of rig if I come alone.

I like the look of the Hest memory foam pad at REI too in the 30" wide option that could fit in the truck too...my back sucks and I rarely get a good night's sleep, even at home. Hoping this would help a little bit at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom