Fall Crawl 2023 Discussion Thread - October 27-29 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

after enjoying the nights at Fall Crawl around @davidp14 's Solo Fire Pit I felt like I had to get one as well...

So here is my "new to me" Solo Stove Ranger fire pit on its first burn!

1699228410360.png

after enjoying the nights at Fall Crawl around @davidp14 's Solo Fire Pit I felt like I had to get one as well...

So here is my "new to me" Solo Stove Ranger fire pit on its first burn!

View attachment 3474018
You get it used?
I like the spark arrester!
I would like to pull the trigger on one. But just can’t.

You get it used?
I like the spark arrester!
I would like to pull the trigger on one. But just can’t.
yeah on facebook market place....

came with the stove of course... the stand ... spark screen w. tools ... the outdoor shelter cover and a homemade heat deflector ( it works but not as well as the Solo one )

It is the first version so it does not have the removable ash tray but its easy to flip and dump what little there was

I burned wood and also did some pellets as well.. it worked well.... cant wait to use it again this week

If you're buying new, I'd suggest Breeo. They are heavier gauge steel and have a variety of compatible cooking and heat directing attachments. I have cooked on my Y series a fair amount. They are expensive, but US made (PA).

The Breeo's are nice and made in the US. @prharper has one at home in the backyard and has the same Solo Ranger as @davidp14 has and what I got.

The Breeo pits are bigger and beefier and also very much more expensive! Like 2x$ more. Cooking is not what I got it for though I have a nice camp stove for that. I got it because it does seem like the perfect size for the group camping events we do at the Cove and other group events... also a perfect size for my GF and I to light in the backyard with the pups.

We have a burn fire pit out of stacked bricks to clear away leaves and brush but this might be better as far as ease less smoke and control. Also we have a sun porch with all screened walls that we are going to try it in since there is plenty of airflow, and the roof is metal.

Also since the Solo is more svelte it will fit easier into the GX when its packed for camping a long with all the sundries like wood pellets and stuff.

Also we have a sun porch with all screened walls that we are going to try it in since there is plenty of airflow, and the roof is metal.

Godspeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom