Relic Run 24 April 17-24 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Jakes40
Costco $50
1713744442582.png

Thanks everyone for a great trip! Had a blast wheeling with everyone and met a lot of new people from NY to FL to OH...definitely a draw from many directions. Fun to share the crab cakes with those that knew, and now those that know... :p 🦀

For those that knew my cruiser situation, it was running a bit rough after day 2, did some basic diagnostics and pulled the EFI fuse, reset to good. Back again stumbling a bit on Saturday after a long day...fuse pull didn't help that. Fortunately when running in low gear, it has so much torque with the extra low reduction, that it didn't really affect my wheeling days. Looong ride home with intermittent stumble and full on misfire the last 25 miles or so, but got home safely after a 400 mile ride. Huge thanks to @Svensk120 for the tagalong for the first 280 miles before we split off in Culpepper. I have a few things to check first, but now that it's running crappy full time, it should be easier to diagnose...especially home in my own garage with tools, internet, and time on my side.

Definitely nice to take a shower (I did get 2 while away), and a great night's sleep in my own bed, but worth the trip for sure...thanks @JohnVee and all of the OSNC crew that helped to pull this together!

IMG_2415.jpeg
IMG_2408.jpeg
IMG_2391.jpeg

And a rattlesnake that crossed our path!

IMG_2400.png

image000000.jpeg

As usual had a great time. Thank you @CrabCake, @Svensk120 and @Boomstic for feeding us Thursday night.
IMG_0236.jpeg
IMG_0235.jpeg

As usual had a great time. Thank you @CrabCake, @Svensk120 and @Boomstick for feeding us Thursday night.
All I brought was Sweet Cornbread and a few bottles of whiskey for folks! I had a great time, both on the trails and in camp. It had been a few years since I spent any time with the club, and the first real event that I attended.

New folks, great times, and looking forward to doing a few more trips sooner rather than later.

Thanks everyone for looking out for my less-modified 200 on Friday, and helping me feel included the entire time!

Did y'all win win anything good?

@TRFCSUX won a new nickname when he told me that his neck brace keeps his head from falling off...Bobblehead.

And a new "Bigfoot" bobblehead dash ornament courtesy of Eldorado Outpost.

Plus a round headlight conversion kit that I won but wouldn't fit my 80...he seemed quite happy when I handed it to him. He also bought a nice big Zarges aluminum box off of @landwagon 's brother for $50 (retails for $600)...again, you could see his grin even with that brace jammed up around his throat.

@TRFCSUX was a really good sport with that thing on and still seemed to have a good time...great hanging with him at the camp and on the trail!

CLCC sure can wake up early when they want. I was up at 8am Sunday and even Bob's lingering old man smell had been gone for a couple hours. :oldman: 🌬️ 🧀
My alarm was set for 5:00 a.m. to beat the impending rain...not sure when it showed up at the camp, but several of us were out by 5:45 and started getting into it not too far up the road. I probably would have started early anyway with a 400 mile drive ahead and a limping truck, but maybe not quite that early!

My alarm was set for 5:00 a.m. to beat the impending rain...not sure when it showed up at the camp, but several of us were out by 5:45 and started getting into it not too far up the road. I probably would have started early anyway with a 400 mile drive ahead and a limping truck, but maybe not quite that early!
I heard everyone leave, too tired to get up. rain eased up about 6:45 and was able to pack up and leave before it came back in. Good times all.

Lots of people to thank,
JV and the ONSC crew for another great event
Jakes40 for hauling my junk(again)
Crabby and Sven for great grub
Crabby again for saving me from no win at the raffle
CP for the good deal on the Zarges
Bob and Matt for all the help with everything

The bobble head will remain in the 40 as a great reminder of the trip.

A little diagnosis on the 80...looks like cylinder #5 is the culprit...darker plug and didn't change the misfire feel when I pulled the wire from the cap to test by ear. To me, that shows no spark since it's darker, so I've ordered an OEM tune up kit with plugs, cap, rotor, wires. That said, I did this when I bought the truck 12k miles and under 2 years ago. Hopefully it'll do the trick! Fortunately coolant and oil look great (and running temps), so ruling out head gasket issues for now, but will probably do a compression check while the plugs are out. Fingers crossed for an easy fix and I won't have to pull the intake to mess with injectors, etc.

#5 is 2nd from left...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom