Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RTT?!! did i miss a post somewhere about this that i can read what you’re bringing in? i don’t see them in your site yet. please elaborate for me!!

ah i see. they’re all spoken for im assuming. i’m just starting to consider if one might be in my future and if jason was stocking them i’d have to look closer!! maybe next time then

ah i see. they’re all spoken for im assuming. i’m just starting to consider if one might be in my future and if jason was stocking them i’d have to look closer!! maybe next time then

I have 7 for my inventory that are on the boat with a few awnings. I'll have them for sale in December. But, pm me for pricing.

Jason

More time at the shop today. Andrea started wiring up the plug n play connections for the table. She's the IT and computer guru... so she was elected for that job. I got it fired up to make a few test cuts that they loaded into the computer at the factory. This is regular air not through the filtration/dryer system.

Cuts are on 1/4" and 9 gauge scrap I had on hand.

Still need to position it where it will permanently set and get it filled up.

J

IMG_20171111_114043764.jpg
IMG_20171111_113900918.jpg

IMG_20171111_114006863.jpg
IMG_20171111_114019168.jpg

Still NO MOVING TRUCK!!! They say it will be on the road tomorrow. HMMM??? So we are STILL at the Mariott Towne Place Suites in Redding. I feel like I'm back in the oilfield working as a inspector again, gaining WEIGHT DAILY!

However, things are moving along. LEDs were added to the shop today. 2HP Baileigh drill press arrived and assembled. I got most of the tables and benches welded out today as well.

@Trapper50cal made me up this killer banner/ curtain (6' x 16') for the shop. Special thanks to @woody for allowing the IH8MUD.COM logo to be added. If anyone needs advertisement/graphics made up, JT is your man. He has been awesome to work with for the past 3 years and his work is spot on.

J

redding shop banner.jpg

Still NO MOVING TRUCK!!! They say it will be on the road tomorrow. HMMM??? So we are STILL at the Mariott Towne Place Suites in Redding. I feel like I'm back in the oilfield working as a inspector again, gaining WEIGHT DAILY!

However, things are moving along. LEDs were added to the shop today. 2HP Baileigh drill press arrived and assembled. I got most of the tables and benches welded out today as well.

@Trapper50cal ...If anyone needs advertisement/graphics made up, JT is your man. He has been awesome to work with for the past 3 years and his work is spot on.View attachment 1575570

Thank you, Sir :)

Your work is spot on too! Although I can't decide which 60 front bumper I like better ;)

Holy Crap, Cruiser Man! That shop looks awesome!

And a month from now you'll be saying to yourself, 'where did all that space go?'

:grinpimp:

Holy Crap, Cruiser Man! That shop looks awesome!

And a month from now you'll be saying to yourself, 'where did all that space go?'

:grinpimp:

Well, its already getting that way... Just waiting for the person next door to move out so I can take that extra warehouse space. I just need to get all these tables and benches finished and put where they go and it will open the floor space up quite a bit.

On another note, my new machinist vendor took me to a meeting with one of his new customers and it might be possible that I'll be running up to 20,000 pieces a month on the plasma table just for him/them. Plates, brackets, supports, etc.. some with bends. So, pending that whole endeavor I may move the plasma table and sheetmetal storage to that new area and keep all things "armor" fabrication under the main roof.

Andrea is on the hunt for land and or a suitable house with land so we can build a new shop. This won't happen anytime soon.

The painter/powder coat guy came buy yesterday and grabbed a pallet of parts. He's waiting to get Poppy in for some R&R as well.

Some family will be headed here for Thanksgiving, so they will stop in WY and pick up two of the three cruisers at the old house. Should be interesting for Thanksgiving... since we may still have an empty house. Steaks on the outdoor grill at the hotel maybe.... HA!

J

A little further on the shop. 3-4 more days and I can start burning wire again. Have to cut all the lower shelves for the tables so I can unload the last 2 pallets of misc tools and other supplies.

One of the Land Rover guys came in from Modesto to drop off his RR Sport. It'll be receiving a hidden winch, front and rear skids, sliders and a through cover rear swing arm w/ tire carrier and ladder.

Get used to it guys... my Rover clients are growing on a 3:1 ratio to cruisers these days... Once the RR Sport is done his GL 320 CDI will get some attention too.

And yes, I'll be able to fit two rigs in the shop. So, that gives me some extra storage or work area.

J

IMG_20171118_103047194.jpg
IMG_20171118_103139695_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
IMG_20171118_103156546_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
IMG_20171118_132412461.jpg
IMG_20171118_132421003.jpg

Looking good Jason! Glad you survived the move.

Looking good Jason! Glad you survived the move.

Thanks Dave! I sure hope the moving van comes this week. They said the truck was loaded and left on Friday... But it has 2 stops between there and here.

I can say I'm ready for NORMAL work again. Setting up shop is fun but man is it taxing on the body and brain.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom