Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice.

That table is my dream. One day dammit. One question, how do you move big heavy metal stock over to the table? Muscle or a crane?

Forklift with a Walker Bux and two straps on heavier sheets. For 4x8 and 5x10 sheets of 1/4" and thinner plate I just run the forklift up to the side and slide it on. The side loading rollers make it pretty easy.

Once the other side of the shop is available and I knock the wall out, I may end up putting in a small 1 ton jib crane and a pull out plate rack system side by side. Talking with Cisco Eagle on both right now. If I ever build a new shop.... I'll put in an overhead crane and design it into the building package. But, rent it TOO CHEAP here to look at building a new shop right now.

Looking like this commercial contract may go through.

Jib%20Crane.gif

IMG_4903g.jpg

Forklift with a Walker Bux and two straps on heavier sheets. For 4x8 and 5x10 sheets of 1/4" and thinner plate I just run the forklift up to the side and slide it on. The side loading rollers make it pretty easy.

Once the other side of the shop is available and I knock the wall out, I may end up putting in a small 1 ton jib crane and a pull out plate rack system side by side. Talking with Cisco Eagle on both right now. If I ever build a new shop.... I'll put in an overhead crane and design it into the building package. But, rent it TOO CHEAP here to look at building a new shop right now.

Looking like this commercial contract may go through.

Jib%20Crane.gif

IMG_4903g.jpg
Wow, awesome on the CC!

Wow, awesome on the CC!

It is indeed!

I cut 11 samples for them on Thursday and took them over on Friday to review cut quality and tolerances. They are happy with everything. All together its a large monthly contract and they will supply all the sheet. One nice thing is its ALL 16 and 12 gauge 304 stainless material. All the pieces are between 19sec and 2min-17sec cuts. Right now I have zero clean up on the 16 gauge and minimal on the 12 gauge. I need to play a little the feedrate on it and hopefully after that all that will be required is a machinist deburring hand run and the parts are done.

On another note the plumbing company two doors down backed out of splitting the unit between us.... So, Saturday I signed a lease on the entire unit. They will knock out and frame a section of the wall approx. 30' in length and roughly 10-12' tall. I'll order a wall curtain to divide it when I need to. That will let me pass through with material on the forklift and run about 4-6 rigs in the shop if needed.

I'm looking at the one side being fabrication and the other for a lift and dry storage.

J

Preliminary drawings for the new 60 rack are about finished up. When I get some time (probably Xmas day) I'll run a couple of sides and a few crossbars. Get everything bent and see what everyone thinks.

No 80/20 aluminum extrusion in this rack!

It will be a put together kit. It's set up is with 8- 3" wide slotted crossbars and a front wind fairing. I'll have the "accessories" out in a few weeks as well.

J

60 TT RACK- SIDE PLATE.jpg

Last edited:
Preliminary drawings for the new 60 rack are about finished up. When I get some time (probably Xmas day) I'll run a couple of sides and a few crossbars. Get everything bent and see what everyone thinks.

No 80/20 aluminum extrusion in this rack!

It will be a put together kit. It's set up is with 8- 3" wide slotted crossbars and a front wind fairing as well. I'll have the "accessories" out in a few weeks as well.

J

View attachment 1593565

Cool! Excited to see where this goes.

I'll never sink that much $$ into this one. I need it for bumper, rack and skid R&D and then it'll be sold to @LS1FJ40 (he's already called dibs... HA!) or I'll turn it into a trail rig or???

J

Dang straight! I told Jake about it and he’s excited!! :grinpimp:

I do however need a shop truck...

J

pickup-80-jpg.487276

Ugly. Lame. Weak. Boring.

:rofl:

Just think how much time it would take you to do that. Time you could be building stuff for money! Think of the opportunity cost!

Ugly. Lame. Weak. Boring.

:rofl:

Just think how much time it would take you to do that. Time you could be building stuff for money! Think of the opportunity cost!

Yeah I have my eye on one of these up here right now.... WAY COOLER!

upload_2017-12-30_19-51-38.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom