Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one available but I won't be able to ship it until late next week.

J
Sweet! I’ll take it. Add that to the front seat covers when you dig those out of storage and we’ll settle up. Best of luck with the move!

Sweet! I’ll take it. Add that to the front seat covers when you dig those out of storage and we’ll settle up. Best of luck with the move!

I guess you didn't get the response on the seat covers. The bag was opened up and welding/grinding dust got all over the seats. Andrea tried to vacuum them and it just smeared like graphite. So, they got tossed. I have some more seats, but not sure of the condition or when I'll be able to dig them out of the new warehouse in Redding. The movers unloaded all my warehouse stuff last week and I haven't been there yet to see anything. Not that I knew where they were in the old warehouse.............:rolleyes:

J

I guess you didn't get the response on the seat covers. The bag was opened up and welding/grinding dust got all over the seats. Andrea tried to vacuum them and it just smeared like graphite. So, they got tossed. I have some more seats, but not sure of the condition or when I'll be able to dig them out of the new warehouse in Redding. The movers unloaded all my warehouse stuff last week and I haven't been there yet to see anything. Not that I knew where they were in the old warehouse.............:rolleyes:

J

Sorry! No, I don’t think I saw that. PM me how much you’d like for the skid plate.

looking forward to see how you set up shop! Good luck J!

P

P,

Well, one good thing with the table and press is I won't need to order 50 bumper shells at one time and can make 5-10 at a time. I'm getting rid of the extra storage space needed for those and whittled (there's that American word again...HA) down more pieces I'm not going to make any more or have as many of.

No more LONG sticks of steel... I'll chop everything into shorter lengths as soon as it arrives and it will stand vertically. If I do keep any long sticks it'll be lighter rack tube and will go 8-9 feet off the ground and above work benches.

BUT... I got a call yesterday from the plumber two units over and the person between us is moving out and wanted to know if I'd like to split that space. He needs more office and of course I'd always take more storage... So, looks like I'll be adding another 800 sq feet to the floor plan on Jan 1st.

J

We are in Redding full time now.

Got here around 4PM this afternoon. Home stretch into Redding from Lassen.

J

IMG_20171104_152834935.jpg

Glad you made it safe and all went well! :)

Glad you made it safe and all went well! :)

I've still got a little go left in my tank but Andrea, bless her heart, is beyond empty. I couldn't have done it without her and we still have a ton to do..

Set up shop, unpack into the rental house, get the other cruisers to CA and start looking for a new build site for home and TT shop, etc.. Andrea has an appointment on Wednesday to go look at 15 acres out at Whiskeytown Lake.

It never ends.

Forklift will be delivered in the morning. Which is good because I need to move the plasma table into its spot and then I can start building around it.

J

We are in Redding full time now.

Got here around 4PM this afternoon. Home stretch into Redding from Lassen.

J

View attachment 1568465
The road to a new beginning looks like a beautiful one! Enjoy the journey and welcome to California I hope you have many blessed years!

Lake Almanor is a great place not far and lots of fun. Grew up camping in that area at Bullards Bar and visiting family all over NorCal.

I promised Andrea I'd make her a shorter packing/workbench. Will get the edges sanded down and then polyurethane the top so she can wipe it off easily to work on a clean surface.

Other than that, just made some room to get the table pulled out and positioned. Need to put 300 gallons in and then treat and dye the water.

If my measurements are all correct. Once I get the tables and benches made and set up, I should easily be able to get 2 vehicles in the shop at all times.

J

IMG_20171110_121942905.jpg
IMG_20171109_140716886.jpg

The thunder dome slowly coming together.

S,

I'm officially drained brother.

I still have 14 sets of shelves to assemble, couple of storage racks, cut table, tack table and fab table. Then if space allows a 10K lift (I think I'll get lucky), but may wait until I get the back half of the next door shop and put it in there.

Then 8 pallets of Tough Dog stock, 10 pallets of RTT, a hardtop tent and awnings that are coming. A new 2hp drill press and the 100 ton press brake should be here next week.

The lighting is a bit dim (only 240w from two old halide lights) for my liking so I ordered 600W of LED high bays (daylight whites).

I also have a CAD guy going to work a couple afternoons/hours a week drawing and programming new designs and working them into the new burn table. He'll also be helping me learn as we go.

Still busy, busy...

J

This is crazy! I'm interviewing for a job in Burney next week. I'm excited to possibly live this close to such an awesome Landcruiser guru! If you want some help or just to hang out, I'll be hanging out around Redding on monday.

This is crazy! I'm interviewing for a job in Burney next week. I'm excited to possibly live this close to such an awesome Landcruiser guru! If you want some help or just to hang out, I'll be hanging out around Redding on monday.

I appreciate the offer and compliment. Right now I'm moving things 2-5 times a day until I like where it it. It may take me an additional week or so to get set up, but I want everything to flow and have certain things in certain areas of the shop. Before I had parts put where ever they would fit (growing pains in my old shop) Fabrication, inventory, OEM and used parts all jumbled together.... It will no doubt happen again if I continue to grow like the past 3 years, but I'm determined to make different areas for each component right now.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom