SLEE 200 Bumper Photos...! *UPDATE!* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can't wait to get one........!!

that'll just about wrap the rig up.....I've decided to put the sc'er on hold for a bit- the regear really made a huge difference.

ETA for production units to be avail ?

E

My Precious!!!!
Slee%20200%20Bumper%20Gollum.jpg

What is the complete bumper weighing in at?

On the LX, I wonder if we would need to upgrade the AHC on the rear to allow this bumper, plus retain the max tongue weight limit for towing.:hmm:

Historically speaking from the 100 series LX you would be ok until you start adding drawers full of crap and fridges etc or start getting up to that max towing capacity. We put bags on the rear of our 100LX and just pumped them up for those heavy towing occasions. Loaded drawers etc. though are full time weight being carried around and depending on what that adds up to you may want to go down the rd of a spring change etc. Seems like a few heavy booty LX's had swapped for the stock LC springs and then re-adjusted their pressures IIRC.

We do not have the weight yet. I will get that on Monday. We have a 2nd one here that we will weigh.

As for fitment, I am pretty sure the frames are all going to be the same, but the bumper covers are probably different. So we would have to address that when we get to it.

Due to the nature of the first batch of a product, we are trying to get the first lot installed locally so that we can deal with any issues, vs. customer remotely. As much as you think you have all your ducks in a row, I am aware that it does not work 100% like that.

We are installing on Monday, so will have more photo's then. Then we going to Cruise Moab and will show it there and also do more testing / photo shoot.

You read my mind. Was hoping for a larger photo or detail shot. These look great. Thank you.

STOUT.

Until Monday, here are some detail shots showing some of the interior and mounting system.

View attachment 1445160 View attachment 1445161
Christo - I have a buddy that will be getting a 2017 LC shortly. Are y'all still working out fitment issues on the newest models? He travels to Golden regularly and would not have a problem leaving it there for installation or even bringing it as a beta test rig.

feel free to email me to discuss further. j.s.davis@me.com

Will there be options on the 'handedness' of the swing outs, i.e tire swingout on LHS ?

Will this allow you to keep the spare tire under the vehicle?

I'll take the grey on in the photo please! Seriously....did anyone call dibs on it? ;)

I'll take the grey on in the photo please! Seriously....did anyone call dibs on it? ;)

I will point out that Christo's shop LX570 is silver. Betting that one is going nowhere!

Damn I wish I was closer to the Slee shop. That bumper is outstanding! Would like to see spindle covers in case I want to remove the swing-outs for any reason.

Some updates, sorry we are prepping for Cruise Moab so things are a little hectic.

Bumper weight is 260 lbs without hardware (bolts and nuts). We are still working on pricing. There is a ton of pieces to this and we need to price them all to add to cost.

The swing outs will only come as configured, tire on the right, ladder on the left. We have no current plans to offer it different. It seems like it would be trivial, but that simple option would double our inventory that we have to keep on hand.

Here is a little more detail of where the gray one ended up.

The stock tire will still fit underneath. As for 2016/2017 fitment, we will look into that to see if there are any issues with fitment.

latch.jpg

Some updates, sorry we are prepping for Cruise Moab so things are a little hectic.

Bumper weight is 260 lbs without hardware (bolts and nuts). We are still working on pricing. There is a ton of pieces to this and we need to price them all to add to cost.

The swing outs will only come as configured, tire on the right, ladder on the left. We have no current plans to offer it different. It seems like it would be trivial, but that simple option would double our inventory that we have to keep on hand.

Here is a little more detail of where the gray one ended up.

The stock tire will still fit underneath. As for 2016/2017 fitment, we will look into that to see if there are any issues with fitment.

View attachment 1449793

That custom lever is pretty sweet.

No wrist-strain compared with typical lever angles...and one-handed pin/lever release.

NICE.

About tire on right vs. left... If tire was on left--with the camera's left-of-center stock location, it would require relocation, correct? With tire on right...thinking it should be almost clear.

Last edited:
I'm coming by the shop in an hour for some last minute stuff for Moab - hoping I can take a look otherwise I'll see it next week!

Christo was gracious enough to let me take a peak at the bumper in the shop, and it's gorgeous! I really like my current non-swingout ARB bumper, but the functionality and quality of this bumper makes me want to ditch my roof rack (where I have my Rotopax and traction mats) and use his bumper instead. The guys on the wait list for this bumper will be very pleased, and I think there will be a large crowd around it next week in Moab ;)

Christo was gracious enough to let me take a peak at the bumper in the shop, and it's gorgeous! I really like my current non-swingout ARB bumper, but the functionality and quality of this bumper makes me want to ditch my roof rack (where I have my Rotopax and traction mats) and use his bumper instead. The guys on the wait list for this bumper will be very pleased, and I think there will be a large crowd around it next week in Moab ;)

Ya, I've been on that waiting list since before there WAS a waiting list. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom