SLEE 200 Bumper Photos...! *UPDATE!* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I saw the revised bumper yesterday. Looks awesome! Very nice changes. Hopefully early next year release.

that's the best looking off road bumper I have ever seen. I want one for mine!

So it's not available yet but he's taking reservations?

So it's not available yet but he's taking reservations?

I don't know. I just scheduled time because I'll be in Denver at that time, and hope it's ready by then.

Well now... I'm suddenly in the market:

iFHwZOSh.jpg

Kid in a Mazda rear-ended me in the ice/slush this evening. Should probably give Slee a call...

Well now... I'm suddenly in the market:

iFHwZOSh.jpg

Kid in a Mazda rear-ended me in the ice/slush this evening. Should probably give Slee a call...

They might only put the bumper cover, reflector, sensor, and top cover on the claim. I'm going through the same nonsense (with more damage). Jason @reevesci and I have have been talking (mostly him answering my dumb questions) about building my rear bumper. If Slee doesn't have their's ready or if you're wanted a custom job, he'll be building mine once State Farm gets their s*** together. But I'm sure Slee will have a damn nice product though.

Agreed! It's significant to note that Slee has been hard at work refining his design (so some details in the original photos I posted have since changed). -But from what I understand, the tweaks are excellent, and I've already scheduled my install for July(!)...assuming it's ready in time.

Vision, planning, execution - from a craftsman taking the time to get it right.

Want...

Looking like April/May release

Perfect! That way by the time my July, pre-Breck appointment at Slee comes around, they'll have installed, oh, say a zillion of them. ;)

Was talking to Cristo today originally about drawers, kinda got on the subject of the bumper.

I'm pretty critical of armor, but I got to say, this thing sounds so well thought out, and so well executed that I can't stop thinking about it. I'm always willing to wait for a better product.

So...
200.gif

Was talking to Cristo today originally about drawers, kinda got on the subject of the bumper.

I'm pretty critical of armor, but I got to say, this thing sounds so well thought out, and so well executed that I can't stop thinking about it. I'm always willing to wait for a better product.

So...
View attachment 1408873

I've been waiting for two years.

After having his rear bumper on my 100 for years, nothing else I've seen or touched came close. I do get the impression that my 100 bumper was super thick steel compared to the new one, but we'll see. My 100 bumper was just crazy strong/thick.

Last edited:

So...
View attachment 1408873

Curious to hear your anti-armor rant... Is it posted somewhere?

Curious to hear your anti-armor rant... Is it posted somewhere?
Ehh, I did make that sound like I didn't like armor.

No, for my driving style, I really push my trucks off road. Not so much that I want to beat them up, but that big rocks aren't going to turn me away. So my trucks are going to get hit, HARD, by pointy boulders, year after year. I usually build my own stuff, but my job has me gone for months at a time, and when I am home it's usually 12 hour work days and half my weekends taken from me. That's why I'm looking at the Slee rear. If it's made out of some good high quality, thick metal in the right stops, great. I doubt it is like an ARB rear, where you get a weight penalty, but a very small return in protection. But I don't want to buy, and then basically reenforce like on a past expedition one bumper (junk stuff).

P2120026.JPG

That's .125 DOM, stronger than the outer tube of Slee sliders, it is not suppose to look like that. I've wasted A LOT of money over the years on bad products trying to save time on not doing it myself, but even I am feeling pretty positive about the Slee rear end.

How official is that? I've been bugging them since last summer about this bumper?

Experience (and patience) tells me that NOTHING is truly "official" until they are in Slee & Co.'s hot little hands/warehouse shelves...

That being said...I'm "officially" scheduled for install in July. :hillbilly:

Any chance Slee will release a version of the bumper without the tire carrier?

Any chance Slee will release a version of the bumper without the tire carrier?
No but the 2 swing arms can be removed. The spindles will still be exposed though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom