Experience with Slee builds? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will do!

No restoration needed (only 17k miles), but a pretty end to end process— bumpers, armor, a bunch of electrical work (adding 270ah of house batteries with lots of outlets and whatnot), lighting, rack, awning, trailer brake controller, lra aux fuel tank, etc….

Goal is to be able to camp with 1-2 people inside, or with 4-5 people traveling in the cruiser and 2 sleeping inside plus 2-3 in a tent, or 4-5 ppl plus a small airstream. I also want to be able to work while camping, so a starlink setup will come with me. Eventually want to take this rig to Alaska then down the pan American highway to Argentina

Oh that sounds dangerous 😅
Sounds like a great build. The electrical work and aux fuel tank would also be my concerns. What if any issue arises with those components down the road? Do you take it back to Slee or could a local shop handle the repair?

Swhme - seems you’re based in NM so only about 400 miles from Slee. I’m about 1,800 miles from them. That’s my biggest hesitation in doing a build with them.
Maybe no serious issues would arise later, but if they do being local would be good.

Sounds like a great build. The electrical work and aux fuel tank would also be my concerns. What if any issue arises with those components down the road? Do you take it back to Slee or could a local shop handle the repair?

Swhme - seems you’re based in NM so only about 400 miles from Slee. I’m about 1,800 miles from them. That’s my biggest hesitation in doing a build with them.
Maybe no serious issues would arise later, but if they do being local would be good.
They did mention that the LRA aux tanks have had the most issues of any part they sell, and a good percentage have to come back at some point because of an issue (either the pump or the switch).

But yeah, I’m definitely in range, it’s about a 7 hour drive, so much more doable than coming from the east coast 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom