Dissent Rear Bumper Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone has failures with their Dissent bumpers? I put one on my 200 series, and already have a crack.

I have a 100 also, that gets the heavy lifting on the tough stuff off road. It has a Bump It Off Road high clearance rear. I have beat that thing to death with no issue.

By comparison, I am relatively light on the 200, as it is my daily driver. Thus, I am interested if others have had the same issue.

When I bought the Dissent, I realized the modular design would be weaker, but I am still disappointed.

IMG_1206.jpeg

IMG_1208.jpeg

IMG_1207.jpeg

Has anyone has failures with their Dissent bumpers? I put one on my 200 series, and already have a crack.

I have a 100 also, that gets the heavy lifting on the tough stuff off road. It has a Bump It Off Road high clearance rear. I have beat that thing to death with no issue.

By comparison, I am relatively light on the 200, as it is my daily driver. Thus, I am interested if others have had the same issue.

When I bought the Dissent, I realized the modular design would be weaker, but I am still disappointed.

View attachment 3557295

View attachment 3557296

View attachment 3557297

You’ve got a 37 right? I’d email Ben or Cole and let them make it right. That part of the carrier is easily swappable.

I'd be willing to bet you bonked that tire into something backing up and didn't even notice.
Highly unlikely, as there are no marks elsewhere on the rear or tire. But even if it did. If it were light enough not to notice, I would not expect it to break.

I have slammed my Bump It Off-road on the ground, backed into trees off road to get out of a pinch, etc, and it is as good as the day I bought it, almost a decade ago.

It is not a huge deal either way, I’ll just weld the crack, add something to reinforce that section. However, I am simply wondering if others have seen similar issues. These are high end parts that I would hope would be more structurally sound.

So it is not the bumper but the tire carrier that has the problem. You might want to update your title.

Correct, fortunately as @tbisaacs pointed out, it is an easy part to swap out on the tire carrier.

Every year we have 2-3 people miss that step in the instructions and have this same failure.

For anyone who comes across this and has our tire carrier, make sure you have a stack up of 3 pieces at the swing arm attachment point on the tire carrier with the below stiffeners installed there. Very important piece since the risers are aluminum to save weight.

IMG_5923.jpg
IMG_5924.jpg

Looks like you do not have the stiffener plate installed which is very crucial for the strength on that tire riser.

Send us an email and we can let you know how to go about replacing it.
Thanks GatorBait. All pieces that were shipped were installed. I appreciate your help in rectifying the issue. What is the best email to reach you?

View attachment 3557295

View attachment 3557296

View attachment 3557297
As @GatorBait1551 said this failure is due to the reinforcement plates not being installed and not a defect in the product or design. Being that the risers are aluminum these plates are extremely crucial and there has not been a single failure when these are properly installed and torqued. We encourage all of our customers to reach out to us directly with any questions, problem's or concerns as we can get things handled very quickly.
Also if there is legitimately a problem or a defect we need to know about it so we can make sure to take the proper steps to remedy the problem.

Sounds like Cole is already getting things taken care of and getting replacement parts but I did want to be clear to you and others reading this post this failure was due to improper installation and not a defect in the product. In the future please bring these situations directly to us as we can get you sorted out quickly.
With that being said while this step is documented in the instructions, I will admit we should and will make some changes to make it a bit easier to not look over being it is such an important step in the installation.
It would be much appreciated if you are able to edit or remove the dissent rear bumper failure tag 😉

thanks!
IMG_9618.jpeg
IMG_9619.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom