Unobtainium (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Real Treasure, especially those ST door weatherstrips. Lock them in a strong safe. Wondering if you will ever use 2 hood spears, send one my way.
Those are not hood spears. They are the window felts that go at the bottom of the sliding perspex window of the factory soft door. I believe the other parts are the felt that goes around the other three sides, and the whole door surround weather striping. Someone with access to fiche would be able to say for sure

Those are not hood spears. They are the window felts that go at the bottom of the sliding perspex window of the factory soft door. I believe the other parts are the felt that goes around the other three sides, and the whole door surround weather striping. Someone with access to fiche would be able to say for sure

They are looking so shiny, I thought they are hood spears. LOL

image.jpeg
Are these rubber S shaped gaskets NLA? I have the old ones i could use in a pinch, but prefer new.

No, this floor mat is for '73 to '78. As covered earlier in the thread, the TOYOTA logo in the heel pad area is done away with due to copyright reasons, so the heel pads resemble a late model design.

I'm not totally sure if the mat works for earlier years. This post talks about the differences in the floors, but someone with the early trucks will need to weigh in on whether it's enough of a difference to pose fitment issues for the floor mat.

The '79+ mat is quite different for sure. That'll be another project for another day.

I think it's a mistake to leave out the toyota logo. Plenty of people have been making aftermarket Toyota emblems for various different models. So a floor mat seems no different. Plus if Toyota felt you were stealing their business then they would still be making these mats. Toyota is too busy counting their money and I doubt will ever know u exist. You could talk to Toyota about it and get their permission. Tamiya got permission to make a scale rc fj40 body. Putting the toyota label on the mat will make them sell better. If they want 50 cents per mat to use their logo no biggie.

Just found the following in a box that has been sitting in my parents garage for the past 15 years (along with a pair of 70 series turn signals).

Pretty sure these are weatherstripping needed for a set of factory soft doors. Minus the wing windows. Are these parts still available, or unobtanium?

68170-90301
68161-60020
69921-60010

68170 - WEATHERSTRIP ASSY, FRONT DOOR GLASS, INNER
68170-90301: FOR CANVAS DOOR 2 $16.36
67861 - WEATHERSTRIP, FRONT DOOR, RH
68161-60020 FOR CANVAS DOOR 1 $26.21
67862 WEATHERSTRIP, FRONT DOOR, LH
68161-60020 FOR CANVAS DOOR 1 $26.21
68141 RUN, FRONT DOOR GLASS
69921-60010 FOR CANVAS DOOR 2 $24.83

Suggested dealer price: $134.80

Fiche reference (w/o image)
Image reference

MB4930D.png

Just found this post.
Do you have this cover for sale?

No, it is not for sale. I just dropped it in the box to Roger when I sent him your inspection light. He recentl sent it back. I just need to get it back into the vault until someone else steps forward on this. I had high hopes when Frank was around, but that never went anywhere. Frank actually put a 3D repro in my hands at one point.

Having refurbished my wiper motor housing that part seems like a perfect candidate for 3D printing. It doesn't have to be flexible like it is since it is a cover. Might be better rigid anyhow. Seems like we could find someone with those capabilities. Question is how much demand is there for it?

image.jpeg

WooHooo! Real eCommerce!

Nice.

Having refurbished my wiper motor housing that part seems like a perfect candidate for 3D printing. It doesn't have to be flexible like it is since it is a cover. Might be better rigid anyhow. Seems like we could find someone with those capabilities. Question is how much demand is there for it?

View attachment 1322548

I could do the CAD work on this... it appears quite simple. I'd upload it to Shapeways and anyone could order it printed as and when they required it... in the material of their choice.

If someone wanted to send one to me I'd do the work and send the part back. Granted I'm a bit long distance...
Alternatively someone could take some measurements and send them to me. I'd draft something up and print a test print and work through any corrections required.

Joel

I don't know if this would be in the realm of doability, but one thing I've always seem and wanted but could never find for sale is the pair of rollbar padding for the oem rollbar, more specifically I'm talking about the 2 pad pieces that go where the loop back bar connects to the main bar.
There is a pad piece that covers that joint piece and I never see those for sale. I once had on side but could never find the other side.

Opening a new subject (hopefully not a can of worms :confused:).

I've been looking to add a dizzy to the store line-up, and found this one. It's a non-USA dizzy; however, unlike the other ones you may have seen, this one is fully electronic, and it's OEM. The original application is for a carburated 3F (as opposed to a fuel injected 3FE), as found in some 70 Series. In that sense it's very similar to the @Trollhole dizzy, which is also a 2F / 3F dizzy.

Just wanna get some initial thoughts from the dizzy gurus here. If necessary, I can start a separate thread.

IMG_9814.JPG
IMG_9816.JPG
IMG_9819.JPG
IMG_9823.JPG
IMG_9825.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom