Unobtainium (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Roger

How's that wiper motor switch cover coming. Any ETA?

I was tempted to call you last week. The wife and I spent the night in SF last night and came down the 101as far as Morgan Hill this afternoon on the way home. Our schedule was stupid tight tho, which is why I didn't tempt fate.

Hey Roger

How's that wiper motor switch cover coming. Any ETA?

I was tempted to call you last week. The wife and I spent the night in SF last night and came down the 101as far as Morgan Hill this afternoon on the way home. Our schedule was stupid tight tho, which is why I didn't tempt fate.

You probably zoomed by several of us. I think @Fast Eddy was in the route as well!

Regarding the switch cover, after evaluating it I think the most economical way to make a $5 part like that would be with a 3D printer. I decided not to make that one until I get my own 3D printer (which may be in the cards some day, but not at this time). I'll send that one back to you.

@JohnnyC it could be a good project for you.

Racer or Sarge, whoever wants to see a Darth Vader dash light. I would be happy to let you borrow mine. View attachment 1238383

Hey guys, I have a dumb question. What is the period correct color of the Darth Vader light cover? Coolerman's sample cover is kind of dark. I've seen other covers on the internet that are silver, and I've also seen ones that are black:

dv1.jpg
100_8357.jpg
IMG_1621.JPG

No, this floor mat is for '73 to '78. As covered earlier in the thread, the TOYOTA logo in the heel pad area is done away with due to copyright reasons, so the heel pads resemble a late model design.

I'm not totally sure if the mat works for earlier years. This post talks about the differences in the floors, but someone with the early trucks will need to weigh in on whether it's enough of a difference to pose fitment issues for the floor mat.

The '79+ mat is quite different for sure. That'll be another project for another day.
Roger,

Any idea what pricing will be on your mat?? I am sure many of us are anxious...........

I'm thinking the same thing.

Just found the following in a box that has been sitting in my parents garage for the past 15 years (along with a pair of 70 series turn signals).

Pretty sure these are weatherstripping needed for a set of factory soft doors. Minus the wing windows. Are these parts still available, or unobtanium?

68170-90301
68161-60020
69921-60010

RfSs0vL.jpg

Just found the following in a box that has been sitting in my parents garage for the past 15 years (along with a pair of 70 series turn signals).

Pretty sure these are weatherstripping needed for a set of factory soft doors. Minus the wing windows. Are these parts still available, or unobtanium?

68170-90301
68161-60020
69921-60010

RfSs0vL.jpg

Real Treasure, especially those ST door weatherstrips. Lock them in a strong safe. Wondering if you will ever use 2 hood spears, send one my way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom