The Ultimate 80 Series Parts Discontinued Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg
Found out last year or the year before the PS dash nozzle (tan/oak) for defrosting the side view mirror was no longer available. Initially system said yes, but when it arrived it was the blue colour. After checking, the parts guy told me they had substituted it in the system.

Is that @NCFJ doing? Grrrr :slap:

As sad as it is thanks for keeping this updates and alive. A shame my parts truck took a head on and a roll, then got parted :(

Huh?

Sorry. Forgot to insert Beno's quote about body to frame bushings though I know you've been tied up with 6o series lately. Wasn't sure if you were inventory stashing now that ya got some more room :)

Not me bubba, I have only purchased one full set of body mounts for an 80 series. I am not all that worried about it, just rubber with steel washers etc. There is already a secondary aftermarket developing for NLA parts replacement. Mostly in body rubber etc at this point.

I started checking into a fuel tank answer for the 60/62. Costly if developing an entirely new tank from scratch. Already played with one tank, looking at another now that is close in size.

This kind of thing is normal in the vintage pick up and hot rod world. Lots of companies out there holding their own because they filled a niche.

Oh yeah, the champagne colored 80 is back in the rotation, frame,lift and bushings already done ready for a swap, axle and brake rebuilds.

Not me bubba, I have only purchased one full set of body mounts for an 80 series. I am not all that worried about it, just rubber with steel washers etc. There is already a secondary aftermarket developing for NLA parts replacement. Mostly in body rubber etc at this point.

SNIP
This kind of thing is normal in the vintage pick up and hot rod world. Lots of companies out there holding their own because they filled a niche.

SNIP

Yeah, this can be a depressing thread if you need something NLA.

On the other hand, as NCFJ points out based on the market in other vehicle parts goes, so goes the 80 series. It's also where vintage vehicles start appreciating rather than falling in value. Not saying where or how fast that'll go, but your working vehicle and even your parts horse start edging up in value the more NLA you see.

Don't break something if you can help doing so, though.

All outside rear door handles in all colors are now discontinued.

Only the front outside door handles are now available from Toyota.

All outside rear door handles in all colors are now discontinued.

Only the front outside door handles are now available from Toyota.

Glad I have a box full of them!

Rear fender flare gaskets on quarter panels are obsolete. At least grey colour. Surprisingly, the front fender flare gaskets (grey) are still available.

Rear fender flare gaskets on quarter panels are obsolete. At least grey colour. Surprisingly, the front fender flare gaskets (grey) are still available.

No they are not. They are available.

61794-60050-B1 This is the correct supersession chain.

No they are not. They are available.

61794-60050-B1 This is the correct supersession chain.
Is this item 61784?
image.jpeg

S**t. Actually looking for RHS - 61789-60040-B0. This is discontinued - no?

Last edited:
Hmmm. Interesting. Need to have a look at my truck to see if LHS will work on RHS. Thanks again Onur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom