The Ultimate 80 Series Parts Discontinued Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@beno -- did you get my message about the Fuel Injector connectors for my 96 LC?

Thanks!

:bookworm:

Negative. :(

Wait - was that the response that you're out for 1-2 weeks? If so - yuppers. I'll sit tight.

Another sign of impending doom.... (not really just kind of sad).

90919-01176: 1FZ-FE spark plugs.

Now hecho in Indonesia and not in Japan anymore. :(

You gotta be kidding (but I know your not). Consumables like spark plugs have gone unobtainum? Impending doom is right.

I always hate it when I get the notification that Beno has posted in this thread.

Why? No one buys OEM stuff much anymore. Too expensive and everyone is now conditioned for "something for nothing."

Everyone wants cheap China junk.

Toyota knows this too. Why should they make something that no one buys?

Simple supply and demand. Toyota is not going to make parts if no one buys them.

:meh:

It's unfortunate that this has happened, but inevitable. 20+ years is a long time to keep making parts for a product that is out of production. Hopefully quality doesn't completely drop through the floor.

Why? No one buys OEM stuff much anymore. Too expensive and everyone is now conditioned for "something for nothing."

Everyone wants cheap China junk.

Toyota knows this too. Why should they make something that no one buys?

Simple supply and demand. Toyota is not going to make parts if no one buys them.

:meh:

OEM Sparks plugs were what like $1.50 a piece? How cheap do they really need to be?

I don't see this particular item as a big deal- Denso and NGK are readily available and are OEM. Depending on the year these are OEM parts.....

Third world manufacturing was the point he was trying to get across.

Remember the ultra-cool Japanese 90915-20004 oil filter? Production got moved to Thailand and it is no longer a synthetic medium, plain old pleated paper. That filter is shipped back to Japan and is being used on the engine assembly lines....:bang:

Last edited:
I guess you missed the country of origin memo?

Just curious if @beno or @cruiserdan know anything about Toyota'a QA or engineering acceptance practices. I would say "normally" in the case of the material in the oil filter changing, such a change would have been initiated by Toyota engineers and not the vendor, and they (Toyota) determined the change as acceptable in terms of required performance.

The whole indonesia / Thailand thing has been going on for a while in the world of motorcycling - the highly successful Kawasaki KLR 650 had been made in Thailand for a while. Apart from some initial ring installation issues , they have been pretty good. So maybe there is hope for Toyota's part suppliers. I dont like it at all mind you , I prefer Japanese made parts over Thai.

Yeah, I just ordered a new set of spark plugs from my local dealer. Box says "Made in Indonesia". I sure hope the quality stays consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom