Sourcing Toyota parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy Mudders, I'm wondering what the situation is for sourcing Toyota parts are these days? There used to be a member who would source and ship genuine Toyota parts but he's now retired. My current mechanic is telling me that parts for our rigs are becoming more and more difficult to find; I don't doubt it. They told me that they mostly source thru Napa, and another mechanic friend who worked at a dealership told me they do the same so I have to believe since the "great interruption" (and maybe even before?) this is a standard practice. I have found some of the parts I'm looking for on some LC specialty sites but I'm wondering about how, moving forward, I will continue to source them. Has this forum landed on a new provider? Are we all out for ourselves now? What's the hubbub, bub?

Small orders I tend to bounce between a few dealers that sell online or RockAuto. Big orders I use PartSouq or Impex.

Yeah, many of us are using Partsouq combined with dealerships and a few other sources. Sourcing quality parts is a big part of the work needed to keep an 80 happy and sometimes takes more time than the wrench turning. This question of where to find parts has been asked pretty regularly on the forum so searching on google with "site:forum.ih8mud.com" added to the search field should turn up a lot of info.

I start the parts sourcing process by listing the parts and collecting the part numbers that I need. To pull part numbers I often use the Partsouq site with the vehicles VIN# entered in. Once I have a list of part numbers I start shopping and listing prices and sources for each part. Sometimes the part numbers will have been superseded or I'll need to find alternate parts, etc. but typically sourcing takes shape pretty quickly. I try to order from a single source but that's not always the best option. Sometimes used parts are the best option. I almost always buy OEM parts with few exceptions typically related to availability or mud consensus about quality of the alternative, etc.

Sites that I've gotten parts from (edit: this isn't a comprehensive list and there are other great sellers on mud, etc.):
I purchased from Wits End in years past but am wary of purchasing from him and have been able to avoid giving him business in the years since he took considerable $ from forum members and ghosted them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom