Your best seat swap into your 60 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey sschruff. I'm doing this from memory but almost 100% sure mine are the Vario F with low bolsters and arm rest with seat brackets by Planted.

I'll say it again...totally worth it. And in the scheme of things that are being planned for this 62, good, supportive and comfortable seats were a big priority for me.

@MiyamotoMusashi - spoke with Tody at Sheel-Mann yesterday. The Vario F is the exact seat he recommended for the 60. I'm going to opt for the integrated seatbelt in the build, adds $699 per seat but solves an interior design problem for me, personally. He sent a pic of a 40 with the integrated seatbelts. . .and they are sexy AF! Thanks for the feedback, man.
Sheel-Mann.jpg

Shane

Here is the pricelist from 2017

1614961653371.png

@MiyamotoMusashi - spoke with Tody at Sheel-Mann yesterday. The Vario F is the exact seat he recommended for the 60. I'm going to opt for the integrated seatbelt in the build, adds $699 per seat but solves an interior design problem for me, personally. He sent a pic of a 40 with the integrated seatbelts. . .and they are sexy AF! Thanks for the feedback, man.
View attachment 2603937

Shane
Super excited to hear about these integrated seatbelts! The main reason I haven't switched over to an aftermarket seat is that my ideal seating position puts my torso behind the B pillar and I'm not comfortable dealing with the safety repercussions of what that does with the seatbelt engagement. From your post I'm guessing you share the same sentiment so I'm interested to see how yours turn out, keep us updated!

Hah, that's on Ebay. They are more like 2250 each new. :)

Holy Smoke!!I
I added that brand to my possible seat replacement list but after seeing the prince I'll probably delete them.
A pair would cost more than I paid for the whole truck!

My wife has an old back injury and I'm an old man, so comfort dictates what seats we are willing to put in. The ease or difficulty of installation is my problem to deal with :eek:

So far the "acceptable" list is:
Volvo S60
Acura TL 2005+
Saab 9-5

We will see what I actually come up with. CL and junkyard trips have yielded some pretty ratty and dirty seats so far.
What year on the Volvo S60 seats?

I used 70 series turbo seats pretty nice and a cheap alternative had to make floor brackets and mod 60 series slide mounts
View attachment 2626017View attachment 2626018

These seats look great, I might order a pair

Super excited to hear about these integrated seatbelts! The main reason I haven't switched over to an aftermarket seat is that my ideal seating position puts my torso behind the B pillar and I'm not comfortable dealing with the safety repercussions of what that does with the seatbelt engagement. From your post I'm guessing you share the same sentiment so I'm interested to see how yours turn out, keep us updated!
another option are bmw convertible 3 series seats as they have integrated seat belts

Re updating this thread for future searches. You don’t really need aftermarket seat brackets or sliders to mount aftermarket seats to the 60/62.

You can just use your stock brackets if they are long enough for the bolt holes on the bottom of the seat.

Just drill one new hole per seat rail where it attaches to the seat for the new length and mount both to the seats.

On the innermost slider next to the center console you’ll mount and bolt this bracket into your floorboard. With the outer rail mounted to the seat, measure where the center of the threaded hole on the floorboard is in relation to where the center of the hole is on your seat bracket where the bolt would go through. For example, I used scheel Mann seats. The difference was 3/4 of an inch.

Remove the seat from the vehicle and remove the outer (closest to door) seat bracket and rail.

On this outer slider, the bracket is connected with rivets. Mark whwre the bracket is originally with a scribe. Then drill out the rivets. Clean it all up with a flap disc and move the front and rear bracket on the slider rail over 3/4 of an inch and tack weld them in place. Put the seat back in the truck to test fit up. If they fit nicely, weld them on then paint and reinstall your seats. Doing this will save you about $700-$800

Keep in mind. The holes on the floor are not perfectly straight. There offset some. You don’t want your brackets to be perfectly straight.

Here is the bracket moved over and tacked into place before welding them and paint.

3AD34AB8-3F57-47A2-A237-F62E5B8DCC58.jpeg

Here are the seats installed using the stock brackets and slider rails. Looks just like normal 60 seats. No weird brackets or anything in there. You’re modifying the outer (visible from the outside) seat rails and brackets. If you do it right, you won’t even be able to tell you changed them.

9DA74D98-E9DA-4FE5-AEE0-1A935C164C22.jpeg

DEBBB326-4ECA-4915-B26B-B5987B86DB43.jpeg

Re updating this thread for future searches. You don’t really need aftermarket seat brackets or sliders to mount aftermarket seats to the 60/62.

You can just use your stock brackets if they are long enough for the bolt holes on the bottom of the seat.

Just drill one new hole per seat rail where it attaches to the seat for the new length and mount both to the seats.

On the innermost slider next to the center console you’ll mount and bolt this bracket into your floorboard. With the outer rail mounted to the seat, measure where the center of the threaded hole on the floorboard is in relation to where the center of the hole is on your seat bracket where the bolt would go through. For example, I used scheel Mann seats. The difference was 3/4 of an inch.

Remove the seat from the vehicle and remove the outer (closest to door) seat bracket and rail.

On this outer slider, the bracket is connected with rivets. Mark whwre the bracket is originally with a scribe. Then drill out the rivets. Clean it all up with a flap disc and move the front and rear bracket on the slider rail over 3/4 of an inch and tack weld them in place. Put the seat back in the truck to test fit up. If they fit nicely, weld them on then paint and reinstall your seats. Doing this will save you about $700-$800

Keep in mind. The holes on the floor are not perfectly straight. There offset some. You don’t want your brackets to be perfectly straight.

Here is the bracket moved over and tacked into place before welding them and paint.

View attachment 3100984

Here are the seats installed using the stock brackets and slider rails. Looks just like normal 60 seats. No weird brackets or anything in there. You’re modifying the outer (visible from the outside) seat rails and brackets. If you do it right, you won’t even be able to tell you changed them.

View attachment 3100985
View attachment 3100986
Love those seats, just wish there was a middle ground with cost vs quality. Might have to buck up and just do it.

Side note, what center console is that? looks nice in there

Love those seats, just wish there was a middle ground with cost vs quality. Might have to buck up and just do it.

Side note, what center console is that? looks nice in there
The Traveler and touring seats are a good middle ground, they start at like 1,200 a seat. They have less adjustability and you can get them without the net on the back and the seat heaters. The only issue with those is they are special order from Germany so youll have to pay for shipping from germany which is like 250 a seat. You also have to wait a few months for them to be made. At the end of the day the savings on the Touring seats i was planning on ordering was pretty small considering i was getting less adjustability and just bit the bullet for the Vario F seats. Its definitely a buy once cry once thing as they are no comparison to the old seats. The varios were in stock and i got them in like 3 days

They just confirmed that they will sell me the fabric by the yard so ill try and reupholster the rear seat to match it at some point.

The center console is a cheap jeep center console. Its not the best quality, and the cup holders are just okayish but its a really good soft arm rest

Console on amazon

Hello there tall. I got my hands on really good condition Fj80 seats. N I was wondering if there is a way that can fit them on my Fj60. I can't find any threads about that, or if it's even possible. If anyone got any ideas, please

I have Porsche 944 seats(look like tombstones) in my 60, used the stock bracket, no welding required. They are very high narrow seats and hug very tight.

I’m a huge recaro fan and think the scheelmanns look really nice too.

Hello there tall. I got my hands on really good condition Fj80 seats. N I was wondering if there is a way that can fit them on my Fj60. I can't find any threads about that, or if it's even possible. If anyone got any ideas, please
does anyone know if i can fit fj80 1990-91 seats on the fj60 (front seats)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom