YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As of this evening all parts are in stock! All orders are shipping in chronological order from earliest to most recent!

The pins required for the "I" style just need to be placed into the holes of the small Ti piece before you put in the remote internals. I'll get a video up showing that process, but if I don't manage to get that posted before you receive it, just ask on here or PM me if you have any questions. The key fits very tightly between the pins - that's on purpose to lock it into place.

TIP: On some keys the black screws will work better. The key thicknesses vary *just* enough that the silver SS screws may not quite engage the nuts with some thick keys. Use black screws if you have problems and PM me if you want special, longer SS screws. I can chop some down for folks that have thick key blades and need that stainless steel shine. ;)

Here's a picture of about half the Titanium parts. It's super satisfying lining them all up with the exact same profile...

Titanium-stacked.jpg

Last edited:
Got mine in earlier this evening and I absolutely love it! I honestly never thought I'd be so excited about a key in my life...The rugged and invincible feeling it has just adds to the Land Cruiser reputation of being dependable and tough. Plus, it makes that great feeling I always get when I start my truck that much better:)

New Fob.jpg

Glad to see you all enjoying the keys! I think it actually increases my confidence in the car by providing such a stout interface when turning it on and off. It's so satisfying to grab it by the outer edges and just torque away without worry.

Here's the install video for the "I" style keys. You folks with this less common blade style have an extra step.

Glad to see you all enjoying the keys! I think it actually increases my confidence in the car by providing such a stout interface when turning it on and off. It's so satisfying to grab it by the outer edges and just torque away without worry.

Here's the install video for the "I" style keys. You folks with this less common blade style have an extra step.

Wow I like the white, was that an option??

You should make a version of this for the 80 series remote, the key ring loop likes to break. I'd get one of each...

Got mine. It is awesome!

You are going to have add a third kind of key now...... T style with no hole! Mine must be some kind of non-OEM one. Still went together fine and seems sturdy enough.

Will probably epoxy a screw in the blank hole just to fill it.

full

full

full

^^^could you drill it?

Got mine! Definitely will be ordering a 2nd. I couldn't get the stainless screws to grab. No biggie.

20170909_180732.jpg
20170909_184141.jpg

Wow I like the white, was that an option??

The white is still a prototype right now. I tried a white early on in the process and it looked NASTY after only a few weeks. I'm trying the clear coat out on a white version for a few months. If it looks good then, I'll offer it, but as of now... no white option.... yet! ;)

I'm considering offering plastics by themselves for folks that want to change it out or mix n match colors. That way you could get a second color for a fraction of the cost of the original kit.

No rush on anything going to Florida, nothing is being delivered for a few days.

Yeah, I just shipped a few out there and USPS said they would be delayed. Hopefully they get there eventually though!

You should make a version of this for the 80 series remote, the key ring loop likes to break. I'd get one of each...

I do, actually! See below and let me know if yours is a style that I don't have on the site.

YotaMD.com - Products - Toyota and Lexus Key Fob Shells

Got mine. It is awesome!

You are going to have add a third kind of key now...... T style with no hole! Mine must be some kind of non-OEM one. Still went together fine and seems sturdy enough.

Will probably epoxy a screw in the blank hole just to fill it.

full

full

full

Well I'll be... That's a new one on me! If I see more folks with that style I'll have to do something to accommodate it better. I definitely don't think that's OEM though.

Also got my tracking number today...if I had seem the white version, I would have ordered that one.

See above for white info. It looks awesome new, but quickly looks very dirty. I'm testing out a clear coat that may make it something worth selling.

My main fob was cracked, and had an ugly rubber thing covering it up. These are a vast improvement over OEM. I'll be ordering some for the GF's LX, as well!

Thanks for putting your time and effort into this, @suprarx7nut !

View attachment 1534192

View attachment 1534193

Sweet! Looks great!

Got mine! Definitely will be ordering a 2nd. I couldn't get the stainless screws to grab. No biggie.

View attachment 1534217 View attachment 1534218

I've got a fix for the stainless screw issue in the works. If you (or anyone else) feels strongly about the stainless screws let me know and I can mail you some slightly longer stainless screws that will engage like the black screws. The darn keys vary in thickness more than I thought!

I've got a fix for the stainless screw issue in the works. If you (or anyone else) feels strongly about the stainless screws let me know and I can mail you some slightly longer stainless screws that will engage like the black screws. The darn keys vary in thickness more than I thought!

If you don't mind. Not that feel strongly, mostly curious. I think the stainless against the black would look good.

The white is still a prototype right now. I tried a white early on in the process and it looked NASTY after only a few weeks. I'm trying the clear coat out on a white version for a few months. If it looks good then, I'll offer it, but as of now... no white option.... yet! ;)

I'm considering offering plastics by themselves for folks that want to change it out or mix n match colors. That way you could get a second color for a fraction of the cost of the original kit.
Awesome, please keep us updated on this please! I was possibly interested in a white or red back (with possibly an Arkansas Razorback printed on it, but I know that would be iffy for you since I don't know how the legal logistics would come into play considering you would be printing an NCAA team logo on your product and selling it without giving them some sort of royalties) to contrast with the black front. Sans the Razorback logo, my only concern is how my OCD would cope with the abnormal contrast between the gloss white back with the matte black front, but I would be more than willing to be a guinea pig! Regardless, I would definitely be interested in having a few different color backs so I can mix & match like you said.

I know you may have heard this a time or two but just to reiterate it; Andy, you did a truly phenomenal job with these keys. You went above and wayyy beyond in every aspect of these: from the little slots the T-base key reinforcement bracket slides into, to the thought of using titanium as the ultimate reinforcement, giving us the option to choose black or stainless hardware, and supplying extra nuts and options for key rings and that awesome beefy carabiner. Like you said with the "stout interface", it truly gives me so much more confidence, peace-of-mind, and sense of security not only while starting my car but obviously never having to worry about breaking another key ever again! As cheesy as this may sound, it also greatly intensifies that connection a man/woman has with his/her car knowing his/her key is just as reliable as the 100 series they're driving. So cheers to you Andy and keep up the great work!:cheers:

Awesome, please keep us updated on this please! I was possibly interested in a white or red back (with possibly an Arkansas Razorback printed on it, but I know that would be iffy for you since I don't know how the legal logistics would come into play considering you would be printing an NCAA team logo on your product and selling it without giving them some sort of royalties) to contrast with the black front. Sans the Razorback logo, my only concern is how my OCD would cope with the abnormal contrast between the gloss white back with the matte black front, but I would be more than willing to be a guinea pig! Regardless, I would definitely be interested in having a few different color backs so I can mix & match like you said.

I know you may have heard this a time or two but just to reiterate it; Andy, you did a truly phenomenal job with these keys. You went above and wayyy beyond in every aspect of these: from the little slots the T-base key reinforcement bracket slides into, to the thought of using titanium as the ultimate reinforcement, giving us the option to choose black or stainless hardware, and supplying extra nuts and options for key rings and that awesome beefy carabiner. Like you said with the "stout interface", it truly gives me so much more confidence, peace-of-mind, and sense of security not only while starting my car but obviously never having to worry about breaking another key ever again! As cheesy as this may sound, it also greatly intensifies that connection a man/woman has with his/her car knowing his/her key is just as reliable as the 100 series they're driving. So cheers to you Andy and keep up the great work!:cheers:

Thanks for the kind words! It's been years in the making and I'm thankful the development seems to have been worth the investment. Parts of it are really fun, but it's definitely still work. I'm glad it's appreciated! :)

Regarding logos, yes, I'm hesitant to use trademarked logos from sports teams or OEMs. However... I could simplify logos or use old, outdated logos with little worry of legal action, I think. I'm aiming to have little displays at dealerships eventually, so I really don't want to create any reason to be denied that opportunity from some silly trademark issue. I'd like to do the "TEQ" logo and I think I could do that with minimal risk since it's not in use by Toyota on any large scale.

This also has me considering multicolored logo/lettering ideas. Since I'm clearcoating the colored shells I could potentially start painting my own colors and then clear coating to preserve it.

Thanks again!

"Beefy carabiners?" You mean there are "beefy carabiners"? Hum, must have missed that one. Wouldn't use it anyway, so no big deal.

Seriously though, great job Andy. I just took apart the old broken second key, put everything back together with the kit and everything fit great.

But when I tried locking or unlocking the car it wouldn't work and quickly realized the battery was probably dead.

So for those that need to replace it, it is a CR 1616.

Great job Andy! Thanks.

I think I ordered a blue one but, I am not sure. But, I like the white color even more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom