YotaMD 200 Series Titanium Fob Shell Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would purple thread locker be a good preventative measure?

Possibly, but I'd apply it very, very light. The tool is very small and you only have so much leverage before you strip the screw. Too much loctite and it may need to be cut out if you need to change a battery.

The loosening screws is probably a much lower concern for the 200, since this assembly isn't being torqued heavily with every use like the 100 with the integrated key.

The lead weight inside would make it feel more substantial, but I would worry that it would act as sheilding and reduce the range.

Another tip: get a new battery for the swap (CR1632) while you have it apart.

About the too-light question...
I’ll take light.

Whole reason I ordered is because like to avoid bulky items in my pockets. As long as flat and light don’t mean fragile or flimsy...light is great.

Last edited:
Others already posted component photos, so I’m posting just my overall impression.

To the point:

Visually & in your pocket—less is definitely more. Quality is obvious, and the grippy surface helps it stay put. Feels surprisingly smaller, and that’s a good thing.

YotaMD FOB = Flat, classy, efficient & secure. No bloat. Nothing pulling on your hidden key.
Makes the stock unit look fat & hollow by comparison.
Highly recommended.

Last edited:
yup, late to the party again. Any chance of making more progress unbranded ones??

yup, late to the party again. Any chance of making more progress unbranded ones??

No unbranded will be run again. One run and done, sorry!

Consider this a pre-order for three of the 2016+/square-button version. Please.

Thanks, I've got you on my list. I expect that design to move quickly. I should have a printer in-house to expedite development next month and I'll be using a lot of the same design cues from the round button version. I hope I can get it launched mid-2019. If I'm a little daring I might even say I could have it ready before summer.

I'm miraculously hoping I get one of the remaining unbranded ones since that was a major motivation for my purchase as it wasn't disclosed they were already sold out when I ordered. 🙏🙏🤞
(hey, I can try)

I’d pay extra for unbranded...

Ok, thanks, noted.

I'm miraculously hoping I get one of the remaining unbranded ones since that was a major motivation for my purchase as it wasn't disclosed they were already sold out when I ordered. 🙏🙏🤞
(hey, I can try)

PM me your name and I'll see where you are on the list.

If enough folks really need the unbranded version I can make a custom run at a small premium with an extra 2-3 week lead time. I'd ask that you at least wait to see the branded version, though. The views shown in this thread will not change with the branded version as the YotaMD text will be on the back. The logo is set on the back face along one side. I've had multiple people specifically request the branded version so opinions seem to vary. I think the logo on the back adds to the design, rather than detract from it, but I understand the desire for the "debadged" look.

Keep an eye out. I'll update product photos once the batch arrives (late next week, I hope). I think most folks will like it quite a bit.

I love the look and (light) weight of this. Nice work putting the design together👍🏻

One issue: the buttons being flush with the case has them frequently getting pressed while in my pocket. This happens with enough regularity that I'll have to sort out a workaround or relegate this fob to backup use.

There also seems to be enough give in the case that the unlock button can be activated by squeezing the case between the unlock and panic buttons. This may be contributing to the errant unlock presses above?

BTW, I don't wear hipster skinny jeans or carry a bunch of junk - just a small card case, chapstick, and the 200 key.

@suprarx7nut LMK if you have any suggestions!

One issue: the buttons being flush with the case has them frequently getting pressed while in my pocket. This happens with enough regularity that I'll have to sort out a workaround or relegate this fob to backup use.
I have also noticed the buttons being pressed in pockets more often than with the stock key fob as well. It looks as if the buttons are "proud" of the new fob's surface, where they were recessed slightly on the original fob.

However, I love the design, size and durability of the new fob.

I love the look and (light) weight of this. Nice work putting the design together👍🏻

There also seems to be enough give in the case that the unlock button can be activated by squeezing the case between the unlock and panic buttons. This may be contributing to the errant unlock presses above?

BTW, I don't wear hipster skinny jeans or carry a bunch of junk - just a small card case, chapstick, and the 200 key.

@suprarx7nut LMK if you have any suggestions!

Great feedback!

1. Inadvertent button press: I considered adding a rib around the buttons to make that less likely. Sounds like it might help this.
  2. Case press activating button. One other person mentioned this and I tested it out. It took me roughly 7lbs of force to activate the button. With some minor material removal inside the case, i increased the force required to activate a button via the case up to 11+ lbs. That was a lot of pressure and it had to be applied right in the center of the case.

#2 above is addressed in the upcoming plastics run. I removed some material from sensitive areas and added material in other areas to reinforce the case. That should solve the issue completely.

#1 can be in the next run in late February/early March, if deemed necessary based on other feedback. A lip around the buttons is easy to add and sounds like it would solve that issue. I wanted to keep the case as slim as possible, but certainly inadvertent button presses are more annoying than an extra mm of thickness around the buttons.

Either way I'm happy to make sure you get the most recent revision that ensures it works reliably for you. Shoot me a PM with your name so I'm sure to include you in the next round of plastics.

That goes for anyone else that got in on the first discounted round. If you run into any issues, let me know.

As I launch these products it takes a few little while to catch all the part revisions from Toyota, aftermarket offerings, and quality variances in the remotes out there in the public. During development, I do testing to ensure function and compatibility with the common variants, but I won't catch all the little differences until we get through a few hundred orders. On the 100 series, for instance, there's a U style key. That key seems to be ~1% of the keys out there and was never sold by Toyota/Lexus, just aftermarket knock-offs. Took me a couple hundred orders to run into one like that and revise the design to accommodate it.

I have also noticed the buttons being pressed in pockets more often than with the stock key fob as well. It looks as if the buttons are "proud" of the new fob's surface, where they were recessed slightly on the original fob.

However, I love the design, size and durability of the new fob.

Shoot me a PM wtih your name. I'll start a list of folks that notice that and make sure you get an updated revision once I've verified it's improved.

Thanks for the kind words!

I am looking for a key fob holder and made my own out of an old silicone one I had for my Land Rover LR4. It's ugly, but does the job right now. I would love to buy one of these, could you please let us know when they are available for 2018 LC200 key fobs. I purchased two key fob holders (leather and silicone) from Amazon, but neither of them fit my 2018 LC200.

Thanks so much!

Regards, David

I am looking for a key fob holder and made my own out of an old silicone one I had for my Land Rover LR4. It's ugly, but does the job right now. I would love to buy one of these, could you please let us know when they are available for 2018 LC200 key fobs. I purchased two key fob holders (leather and silicone) from Amazon, but neither of them fit my 2018 LC200.

Thanks so much!

Regards, David

David, thanks for checking in. I'll mark you down as an interested party for the more recent year design. It's in line for one of my 2019 releases.

Any love for LX key fobs (mine is '14)? Only difference is an extra button for the rear lift gate.

I'm considering them right now. The Lexus design may end up as a 2019 release!

Update for Round 2 (Revision B):

Parts should be arriving today or early next week. I'll try to get orders fulfilled shortly after that. I should have enough to cover all outstanding orders plus another couple dozen.

If you're one of the early adopters with Revision A and notice any inadvertent button presses send me a PM or email and I'll get you one of the updated plastics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom