YotaMD 200 Series Titanium Fob Shell Kit (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will the later version be offered in different colors?

I’m wanting something annoying like orange, so I can find them. Everything I own is black, I gotta start making it a little easier on my eyes.

Man, that is a really good point about being easy to find.
Would be great for when I'm hunting for it at home or in the tent, etc.
Maybe he'll offer shell color options at some point.

PS. I ended up ordering 2...mainly bc the price surprised me
I thought they were going to be more expensive.
Pretty reasonable...

Man, that is a really good point about being easy to find.
Would be great for when I'm hunting for it at home or in the tent, etc.
Maybe he'll offer shell color options at some point.

PS. I ended up ordering 2...mainly bc the price surprised me
I thought they were going to be more expensive.
Pretty reasonable...

Similar to my 100 series product, I'll probably offer the cases separate from the kit with titanium down the road. That way you can order up a colored shell to change up your color without having to purchase an entire new kit.

I'm hoping to hold pricing for these black kits at $75, with the colored versions adding roughly $10, but we'll see how my costs break down once I settle on order quantities to my suppliers.

Similar to my 100 series product, I'll probably offer the cases separate from the kit with titanium down the road. That way you can order up a colored shell to change up your color without having to purchase an entire new kit.

I'm hoping to hold pricing for these black kits at $75, with the colored versions adding roughly $10, but we'll see how my costs break down once I settle on order quantities to my suppliers.

I think most folks will lorefer the classy look of the current version, but ya, I’d happily add at least one bright-colored shell to put on the FOB I normally hand to either a passenger, or to another driver in a wheeling group trip for backup in the boonies.

Thanks for responding.

Glow in the dark white!!

:)
Could always attach a orange, soft tag to the ring...
Think I’ll do that for travel, camping, etc. (the only times I tend to misplace it).

First round is all packed up and ready to ship tomorrow! If yours is headed out tomorrow you should already have a Paypal email with tracking info.

I've already started the next round of parts with my suppliers. 5 additional folks will get the unbranded plastics in the next round as I have a few left over. I expect the titanium parts to be the limiting item for the next round. I'm hoping for a 2 week turnaround, but it may be closer to 3.

Thanks again to all you early adopters that got an order in within 24 hours of launch. That sort of instant support for the product puts me at ease that it will be a fruitful venture. These take a ton of time and money upfront during the R&D process and I never know if it'll payoff until the revenue finally starts to roll in. A very sincere thanks to you all. :cheers:

YMDshipment1.JPG

First round is all packed up and ready to ship tomorrow! If yours is headed out tomorrow you should already have a Paypal email with tracking info.

I've already started the next round of parts with my suppliers. 5 additional folks will get the unbranded plastics in the next round as I have a few left over. I expect the titanium parts to be the limiting item for the next round. I'm hoping for a 2 week turnaround, but it may be closer to 3.

Thanks again to all you early adopters that got an order in within 24 hours of launch. That sort of instant support for the product puts me at ease that it will be a fruitful venture. These take a ton of time and money upfront during the R&D process and I never know if it'll payoff until the revenue finally starts to roll in. A very sincere thanks to you all. :cheers:

View attachment 1897683
Kept me waiting, I'm ready to send you PayPal but I need unbranded version for the next round, you want me to send PayPal now or wait?

FYI, the website store location has been moved and upgraded! YotaMD

Also, I added an option for an Orange in future planning. I'll order up some of those for future orders.

Last edited:
Woohoo!

Got home early today, just finished putting this thing together a few minutes ago. This fob is SAWEET! VERY nice job on the manufacturing and packaging. Kudos on including 2 sets of screws (black and chrome), the captured nuts in the case, and the included teeny tiny wrench to put it together.

Once you get it out of the packaging and pull apart your old fob, you now realize the challenges it would be to make something like this. The tolerances are VERY tight.

Tip on assembly: after you get all the layers together with the guts inside, it's a bit awkward to try to hold it together and put those tiny screws in, and hold those teeny nuts into the back of the case (especially with my fumble fingers). Pinch it together with a clothespin! (assuming you have one) A binder clip would also probably work.

When I first got mine together, I couldn't get the hidden key to "latch" and stay, but pressing on it and I eventually get a very confident CLICK from the tang of the catch. I've never used that key, so it's all good!

Great job! And this is a 2015 truck, so that year should be good too.

Woohoo!

View attachment 1900347

Got home early today, just finished putting this thing together a few minutes ago. This fob is SAWEET! VERY nice job on the manufacturing and packaging. Kudos on including 2 sets of screws (black and chrome), the captured nuts in the case, and the included teeny tiny wrench to put it together.

Once you get it out of the packaging and pull apart your old fob, you now realize the challenges it would be to make something like this. The tolerances are VERY tight.

View attachment 1900348

Tip on assembly: after you get all the layers together with the guts inside, it's a bit awkward to try to hold it together and put those tiny screws in, and hold those teeny nuts into the back of the case (especially with my fumble fingers). Pinch it together with a clothespin! (assuming you have one) A binder clip would also probably work.

View attachment 1900350

When I first got mine together, I couldn't get the hidden key to "latch" and stay, but pressing on it and I eventually get a very confident CLICK from the tang of the catch. I've never used that key, so it's all good!

Great job! And this is a 2015 truck, so that year should be good too.

Awesome. Good pics. Yes, the tolerances are crazy tight and it's a huge pain in the design process. Once it's all dialed in it's very satisfying, though.

The key click thing is probably going to take some trial and error on my end. That's one of the main things I want to get in terms of feedback. If it's extra tight for most people I'll pull the latch back a little in future part runs.

Thanks!

Very happy with mine! I won't post up more photos since there are some good one already up, but this is definitely a very nice product!

Questions for @suprarx7nut

What size is that little Allen key wrench? Thinking I should have at least a spare in the truck, in case I need to change the battery in the fob.

What size are those screws? Just curious.

What is the torque spec on those screws? ;)

Questions for @suprarx7nut

What size is that little Allen key wrench? Thinking I should have at least a spare in the truck, in case I need to change the battery in the fob.

What size are those screws? Just curious.

What is the torque spec on those screws? ;)

1.3mm Allen wrench. M2 DIN screws. 8mm length.

Torque spec: snug ;)

It's a great idea to keep the wrench handy. In addition to battery changes, you'll want to keep it handy to tighten up any screws that work their way loose over time. If your install leaves the screws a little loose they can back out over time. Hang onto those extras and the wrench!

Torque spec: snug ;)

I was gonna say... If he has an actual “torque spec” on a tiny screw into a plastic shroud...he gets the over-achieving-designer award.

Last edited:
Got mine yesterday and got it assembled...
  • Assembly is super easy but a little half-pager of instructions would be appreciated.
  • Holy crud this thing is light. Like super light. A little more mass would not be bad. I might try to add some stick on lead weights inside.
  • Fit and finish is good. I had to futz a bit to get the shells aligned properly. If your key does not go in or out right, loosen all the screws and make sure the shells line up properly.
  • Wife approved! This is a big one. She was hesitant at the cost, but really likes how it looks and feels compared to the factory fob.
  • Fits and works excellent on a 2015 with the beige fob.

Would purple thread locker be a good preventative measure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom