YotaMD 200 Series Titanium Fob Shell Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD | ADGU
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.yotamd.com
I'll keep the intro short so we can jump right into the important stuff.

YotaMD kit for 200 series is launching. First 20 orders get the "Unbranded" edition with no "YotaMD" text on the back half and a short lead time (~2 days to shipment) (NOTE, as of early morning 2-4-19 the first 20 are sold out. All subsequent orders will receive the normal branded version with a lead time of about 2 weeks). All subsequent orders will get the logo and will ship mid-February or later.

Buy here:
  • Grade 5 titanium functioning as a key guide, aesthetic enhancement, durable key ring, key retainer, and key release button.
  • Front and Back case material is a robust nylon plastic.
  • YotaMD case is 3mm thinner in depth, 1mm thinner in width and 6mm shorter than the OEM shell. Every dimension has been shaved down to bare essentials giving it a solid and dense feel. No bloat here.
  • Fits all the rounded button remotes, both black and beige. (Appears to be 2008-2014 Land Cruisers, perhasp 2015 and 2016 as well)
  • The key engagement is wonderful. I polish the titanium where the key contacts the metal and it's very satisfying when it engages. The key slides smoothly until you reach the latch point where you get a very tactile click signifying the key is fully engaged and safely stored. The simplistic design has no extra springs or other hardware to gum up over time - just a single finely crafted piece of titanium.
  • Tolerances are kept very tight. With all test units, there is no key wiggle.
If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to email me at admin@yotamd.com , message me on here or post publicly. I have no qualms working through issues out in the open. I'm here to support the product and I'm very excited to hear what you have to say once you put this product to use!

Tag for folks that expressed interest in this kit and that I think have the rounded remote: @TonyP @belmontjoe @kevinfoutch @gaijin @ethernectar @Markuson

I have a long list of others, but aren't sure if you all have the round or square remote and don't want to spam everyone.

Install Instructions:

YMD3 is also live as of 2-22-2021. This fits the 2016-2017 and some 2018 Land Cruisers. The 200 series LX remotes are up next. Hoping for launch mid 2021.

1614016481069.png

Last edited:
Payment sent. Looking forward to a quality product. Thanks for making the effort to solve an age old problem.

Just ordered. Super stoked to see your handiwork.

Ordered1...then ordered another.

Twas the flatter (thinner) aspect that got me.

Plus the fact that my spare was nearly lost because it’s bubbly shape meant it squeezed/slid out of a passenger’s pocket.

Having to replace a full FOB is like $300+. Better to be able to secure it, and be less prone to sliding out of pockets with the flatter design.

M

Will the later version be offered in different colors?

I’m wanting something annoying like orange, so I can find them. Everything I own is black, I gotta start making it a little easier on my eyes.

Like Markuson, I ordered one, thought about it for a couple of minutes, and ordered a second one as well.

Was just about to order, then saw the date range. Not compatible with 2015? Looks the same to me.

Edit: went ahead and ordered. Please let me know if it's not compatible.

Last edited:
Ordered one. Gonna see if it works on a 2015 - I have the beige/gold remote.

Is it possible to use with 2016 key fob?

It might be. I had conflicting info on the year cut-off. It also looks like some aftermarket sellers say the older round button style is compatible with newer years. If your buttons look like what's in my photos, you should be good. In the event it's incompatible, I'm happy to do a refund as well.

Will the later version be offered in different colors?

I’m wanting something annoying like orange, so I can find them. Everything I own is black, I gotta start making it a little easier on my eyes.

Pending demand, yes, I'll do a color (or multiple). That's probably at least a month or two out at this point.

Was just about to order, then saw the date range. Not compatible with 2015? Looks the same to me.

See my above comment in this post. If your buttons look like my example photos you should be fine. If you run into some sort of incompatibility, we can work out a return/refund.

Does the metal case affect the range of the transmitter at all?

No. The case itself is plastic with a metal band surrounding 3 of the 4 sides of the remote. The open end prevents any significant degradation of the remote range. Any change in remote range was undetectable in testing.

My 100 series remote is of a similar design and remote range, if anything, is improved.

See my above comment in this post. If your buttons look like my example photos you should be fine. If you run into some sort of incompatibility, we can work out a return/refund.

Fair enough! Thanks!

Ordered one. Gonna see if it works on a 2015 - I have the beige/gold remote.

i also just picked up a 2015, and am a longtime fan of the YotaMD keys for my 2 100's. Nothing's wrong with my current keys, but I like the lower profile... my 2015 look like the photos, so since I missed the initial 20 (and assuming the next will be later in Feb) I'll wait to see how these 2 gents above pan out on 2015 support.

I'd also be curious to see when other color support would come. Red or orange would be awesome.

Ordered two for my 2011 - thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom