Wanted WTB complete 3 speed FJ40 transfer case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Deep South Cruisers

1978 FJ40 ~ 283 V8
Threads
Looking for a complete FJ40 3 speed transfer case to finish a build. What you got???

Last edited:
Tons on the left coast. Just saw three go cheap at the local swapmeet today. Try @tequila4x4 ; he had one he forgot to bring. Or @rkymtnflyfisher : he's closer to you shipping-wise, and scraping together the coin to buy a fan shroud from me.

Or you could just buy one from me.

May the devil inhabit your britches you darn Left Coasters! Must be nice to be able to go to swap meets where there are lots of LC parts. That just doesn't happen here.
Tons on the left coast. Just saw three go cheap at the local swapmeet today. Try @tequila4x4 ; he had one he forgot to bring. Or @rkymtnflyfisher : he's closer to you shipping-wise, and scraping together the coin to buy a fan shroud from me.

Or you could just buy one from me.

Looking for a complete FJ40 3 speed transfer case to finish a build. What you got???

I've got a good three speed with rebuilt transfer (nice case). Are you coming to GSMTR? Able to come to Chattanooga, if not? If interested, send me a PM.

Apparently Jerry hasn't been back online since Sunday.

I'm back guys. I just found out today that he still hasn't found one...well except the one down the road that the salvage yard wants $1,000 for. I PM'd a everyone for contact info so he can call direct.

I'm picking up an FJ45lv in a few weeks that has the bell housing, transmission & transfer case. I'm offering the drivetrain for free since the truck is being given to me and I'm going with a newer setup anyway.

Do you ever make your way to the D.C. area?

Afraid not super duper but I'm putting you on my list. I seriously think he could just get a complete gear set but He's afraid that if he doesn't buy a complete case, that his mechanic will never finish the project.

I can strap it to a pallet... Fastenal is literally 4 miles away from the garage. The parts are free... shipping will be on someone else.

you can lead em to water...

I have a nice original 3-speed Trans and Transfer case out of a 72.

Hold everything... I'm going to have to go verify his parts. I think he got the bellhousing to mate the 4 speed to the F motor and he has NO ADAPTER, which changes everything.

Went and looked at all the parts yesterday. We have the 4 speed tranny and correct bellhousing and thats about all. At this point I think we would be better off buying a 4 speed transfer case because most of the 3 speed is in a 5 gallon bucket and parts are missing. Thanks to all for your help. I'll start a new thread for a complete 4 speed case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom