Wiring harness missing for Oil Level Sending Unit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NY2NC

Threads
So, this is my first time posting in this forum. I have a 1994 LC, and have owned it for a little over a year now. Currently, I've been working on the electrical gremlins that I inherited from the previous owners. I finally got rid of the check engine light. Apparently both knock sensors were missing. Not only that, but wiring harnesses for them were cut off. WTF!!!! So, I had a local LC enthusiast help me source the harness for them. Anyway, once I got the knock sensors back in and connected up, that resolved the CEL.

However, now I'm trying to get rid of the "low engine oil level warning light". This light is constantly on, and has been since I got the car. I've been filling it with 8 qts of 10w30. So, I did my research, rolled underneath and DAMN! There is no wiring connected to it. Nothing! I found two wires with exposed ends (no harness) that are just laying around. I have a feeling these may be the wires for the oil level sending unit, but not sure. One is a yellow/red stripe wire, the other a white/black stripe wire. I don't have a wiring diagram or manual for this car yet. So, I figured I ask here, if someone can confirm: 1. the harness that connects to this sending unit is a 2-wire harness, and 2. if the wires are yellow/red stripe and white/black stripe. If the answer is yes to both, can I even get this harness from Toyota?

Pic for attention:
1-4.jpg

My 94 harness has a white with green tracer and a white with red tracer. It’s the wires dropping down and marked with green tape.
image.jpg

My 94 harness has a white with green tracer and a white with red tracer. It’s the wires dropping down and marked with green tape.

My two wires are definitely coming from the same location. The blue wire for the rear knock sensor (that was also cut) also originated from that location. The diagram I'm looking at shows the wiring colors are exactly what I have.
Oil Level Sensor wiring.JPG

Anyone parting out an 80 where I can get this harness? Or does Toyota have this available?

Are you missing the 'harness' or just the 'connector', there is a difference.

If you just need the connector I believe part # 90980-11235 will work for you.

i can cut you a pigtail if you like. i do charge 10 bucks plus flat rate shipping for any of them. i always use the small flat rate boxes since envelopes have come back to bite me with crushed parts.

i can cut you a pigtail if you like. i do charge 10 bucks plus flat rate shipping for any of them. i always use the small flat rate boxes since envelopes have come back to bite me with crushed parts.

Definitely. Sent you a PM.

Last edited:
Are you missing the 'harness' or just the 'connector', there is a difference.

If you just need the connector I believe part # 90980-11235 will work for you.

That's it... The connector

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom