Wiring Harness connectors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Buds,
The wiring harness (97 FZJ80) under the steering wheel has these 3 connectors?
Does anyone know what they are and what they could plugs into?
Thank you

E0199FAF-D8A1-4945-A593-AB16E44ACA31.jpeg

If you look in the resources section there is an electrical wiring fsm that is free and has everything you could dream of knowing.

If you look in the resources section there is an electrical wiring fsm that is free and has everything you could dream of knowing.
Thank you very much! The search option didn’t return anything. I’ll check the “resources section” 🙏

Despite reading the ‘97 EWD, I haven’t been able to figure out these connectors.
Blue connector maybe the data link connector 3.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

The DLC3 is in the fuse box, by your left knee; D3 on page 24. It's the OBDII connector.

Start with pages 24-25. These have the connectors in the dash area identified.
1702223625811.png

You'll need to use the process of elimination to ID them. There are numerous options that the US domestic market didn't get, which are provided for in the harnesses. There are ununsed connectors all over this truck. If you're not missing any functions you think you should have, this is an academic exercise.

The DLC3 is in the fuse box, by your left knee; D3 on page 24. It's the OBDII connector.

Start with pages 24-25. These have the connectors in the dash area identified.
View attachment 3503444

You'll need to use the process of elimination to ID them. There are numerous options that the US domestic market didn't get, which are provided for in the harnesses. There are ununsed connectors all over this truck. If you're not missing any functions you think you should have, this is an academic exercise.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read and answer my post.
Mine is a GCC market. The OBD isn’t present above the fusebox like that of US FZJ80. That’s why I think it must be one of the 3 connectors. As for the other 2, the search goes on. One connector may be the FF/RR diff connector.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and answer my post.
Mine is a GCC market. The OBD isn’t present above the fusebox like that of US FZJ80. That’s why I think it must be one of the 3 connectors. As for the other 2, the search goes on. One connector may be the FF/RR diff connector.
From the EWD, the DL3 connector looks like the pic below and is typically black. Yours might not have the mounting tabs, but the connector shape and number of pins will be the same.

1702311081426.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom