Engine Wiring Harness Information 8/1992-12/1994 FZJ80: 82121-60340/1/2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Following...

Curious how far you are going to go.
Connectors shells? YES AS NEEDED.
Contacts? ??
Seals? YES AS NEEDED
Wires? YES AS NEEDED.
Sleeving/protection? THE ENTIRE HARNESS WILL BE RE-WRAPPED AND HEAT MITIGATED-- ESPECIALLY AROUND EGR
Formboards and start your own wire shop making obsolete Toyota bundles? ABSOLUTELY NOT :lol:

Suppose I could wait and all my questions will be answered.

See Above....

Great job.

Glad I grabbed some of those unavailable connectors off a junkyard truck a few years ago

IMG_1559.jpeg

90980-11235:

View attachment 3513427

90980-11166:

View attachment 3513428

90980-10737/11062: another instance of two different PNs for the same connector.

View attachment 3513429

90980-11428:

View attachment 3513430

90980-11179:

View attachment 3513431

These are all of your “sourceable” connector part numbers. I haven’t check any availability yet in all honesty. I’m currently cataloging.

Awesome info.
Would be more awesomer if the purpose of each connector was noted along with the numbers.
Eg, distributor, ISC etc

Do you have a source for OEM quality wire in various gauges?

It's something I've found hard to find in Australia.
Stuff in parts stores just always seems cheap and crappy, especially insulation quality

:lol:

Sure, I'll get right on that.

:rolleyes:

Hey, just sayin

Takes some digging to find these numbers associated with the various connectors in random threads, or some camera work with smart phone as you've done.

Would be a great reference to have it all in one thread that someone started to document building a complete engine harness :meh:

Hey, just sayin

Takes some digging to find these numbers associated with the various connectors in random threads, or some camera work with smart phone as you've done.

Would be a great reference to have it all in one thread that someone started to document building a complete engine harness :meh:

You paying me? Because the person I’m building this for is paying me for my work.

You paying me? Because the person I’m building this for is paying me for my work.

Tack it on their bill . . .

Research and development fee. . .
Parts procurement fee . . .
Documentation of works completed fee . . .
Fee processing fee . . .

I'm sure you can come up with something? :hmm:

Do you have a source for OEM quality wire in various gauges?

It's something I've found hard to find in Australia.
Stuff in parts stores just always seems cheap and crappy, especially insulation quality
It’s hard to find on the shelf parallel striped wire.

It’s out there if you want to buy a 500 or 1000’ roll, it gets expensive fast!

I’m currently hunting for wires of many different codes, for both Toyotas and Suzuki motorcycles.

The total price so far is making it look more and more cost prohibitive🙁.

I still have a few places to try, and they are in Japan. So I’m hoping that possibility will come through. But I’m not very optimistic as I don’t have $10,000 to spend on spools of wire!

The harness of this generation I have pulled apart has revealed creeping oxidation quite a distance down from the connectors to the point just adding new connectors is not feasible because wires are too short after the oxidized portion is removed.

Still searching…..

Good thing that's not an airplane. "Where does the white wire go?"

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 14-01-55 aircraft wiring harness - Google Search.png

At least the gauge of the wire is different and they are labeled.

I worked on a machine that all the wires were black and the same guage.

It was a startup company and they designed the PCBs to have the same foot print and pin out to cover all the different duties needed.

This all limited the number of boards, wire colors and connectors needed to front load production.

When there was a problem this separated the men from the boys pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom