Window Tint for my 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im ok payin $1080 for Llumar Startos Formula 1 as its a top shelf tint!
I'm curious about their application process for glass that isn't removed.

Something else I've been wondering, is even though it would lay over and protect the rear defroster grid from damage, if it would affect the grid's heating performance at all....

Man tint has gotten crazy. The stereo shop I worked at we had a window tint company use our shop forever 2 door car 199.00 brand name high-quality tint of course not ceramic this was in the 90s lol
Uhhh ya...lot has changed since the 90s 😂🤣😂🤣😀😅😃

I got mine tinted at 75% visible light, which was the lightest tint they had. Blocks 99% of UV and 92% of IR apparently. I really like it since it retains the stock look but much more comfortable inside year round. It was $900 including windshield in a HCOL area.

I got mine tinted at 75% visible light, which was the lightest tint they had. Blocks 99% of UV and 92% of IR apparently. I really like it since it retains the stock look but much more comfortable inside year round. It was $900 including windshield in a HCOL area.
Since my rig will be about as far from Original as there is.... I'm gnna do 75% windshield and 20% all around. I think a dark tint on Fresh Freeborn will look incredible!!! Smthn like this...pic stolen from MUD!! Nice rig!!
Screenshot_20231018-155147.png

Last edited:
Man tint has gotten crazy. The stereo shop I worked at we had a window tint company use our shop forever 2 door car 199.00 brand name high-quality tint of course not ceramic this was in the 90s lol
The tint they have avaible on the market today probably comes from the aero/space industry. I wouldn’t be surprised if you can get a 24k gold plated windshield on your Bugatti.

I understand ceramic is what will give you the UV protection when you go clear (which is why I want it), but what other benefits have you noticed?
Every time ive used ceramic tint i noticed my AC had to work less hard in the summers. I guess because youre not getting the the UV into the car as much, but on certain vehicles like my old firstgen 4runner i would have to be max ac all the time in the summer, and after the tint i could back it down a click or so on the fan. Also if you have an in tact dash it will protect your interior plastics and interior paints from fading in the sun.

Saw this thread pop up on the side and had to read it and chime in. I had ceramic installed on the front windshield of my 70 series and Tacoma both it has made a huge difference. It is pricey at what cost me $389 per windshield but well worth it.

I've been looking at tint for a few years now, but in Canada it's just not an in demand market. So I see most of the guys
here are Colorado and Texas, prime areas for tinting for sure ( I'm sitting in a hotel in Denver today ).
Is this Ceramic tint something that requires years of experience to install or is the installation fairly straightforward and it's
just getting the proper Ceramic product in hand for an experienced dealer?
Yes, the 90's are over and I want modern tint, thank you!!
My window guy is 35 yrs in the industry, but not super experienced in tint. Do you think I can order it in and have him
do it or should I head into Washington State and find someone in the Seattle area with some expertise?

I’m honestly thinking about selling some pre cut pre shrink kits of nano ceramic window tint for the 60 series for pretty affordable prices to help fund my 80 axle swap. I’m about to re tint my whole truck and if it is as easy as I’m expecting, I can get some kits together to sell. You’d basically just clean your windows, stick it on, and squeegee the soapy water out and be done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom