Window Tint for my 60 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WSOPgold2012

MoxieMan
SILVER Star
Threads
I'm going to tint all windows. I know NOTHIN about window tint. Any and All input appreciated on best Tint, how much is a fair price etc etc etc.... Also, is Suntek Ceramic quality? $700 fair for entire vehicle?

#ThanksInAdvance

Last edited:
I had the blackest Limo window tint available on all windows except the two front ones. It was perfect. I highly recommend NOT tinting the front windows at all.
You’ll want to get the brightest backup lights available. I used Cree LEDs

Last edited:
60 series windows are pretty flat (windows that have a compound curve to them can be tricky) and shouldn't be too hard to DIY the job. I bet for $150 you can get all of the supplies and tools required. Watch a couple of YouTube videos and you'll see what I mean.

Ceramic tint is some of the best. It’s expensive but offers the best UV protection and you can get full UV protection in clear. So you can “tint” the front windows, including windshield, with no color added. I’ve seen someone do the whole truck that way. Looks OEM but protects the interior.

Ceramic tint is some of the best. It’s expensive but offers the best UV protection and you can get full UV protection in clear. So you can “tint” the front windows, including windshield, with no color added. I’ve seen someone do the whole truck that way. Looks OEM but protects the interior.
I've been wanting to get clear ceramic UV coatings for a long time (for the exact reasons you stated) but have had so many other higher priorities I haven't even bothered to look up a price if it's even done locally to me.

Though now that I think of it I will definitely have to get it done before I put in new carpet, once I get to that point.

Def want UV protection to help protect the new dash and Scheelmanns.

60 series windows are pretty flat (windows that have a compound curve to them can be tricky) and shouldn't be too hard to DIY the job. I bet for $150 you can get all of the supplies and tools required. Watch a couple of YouTube videos and you'll see what I mean.
Its a great thought....much rather pay a premium to have an expert do it.

I’d like to go talk to my local tint installer. I’m wondering if it would be easier/cheaper/less labor to tint the windows with the glass removed. Who knows? Maybe it’s more of a PITA? Just thought about having it done when I’m pulling glass to replace weather seals/paint. I need a new windshield anyway. Why not ceramic tint it before it’s installed?

I’d like to go talk to my local tint installer. I’m wondering if it would be easier/cheaper/less labor to tint the windows with the glass removed. Who knows? Maybe it’s more of a PITA? Just thought about having it done when I’m pulling glass to replace weather seals/paint. I need a new windshield anyway. Why not ceramic tint it before it’s installed?
guy I just talked to said he rather do it with windows out... whatever thats worth.

definitley do ceramic tint. I generally tint the front windshields of my vehicles 35 or 50% with Ceramic and do the sides in 15% ceramic. Havent done the 60 yet though. There are a TON of windows on the 60. You will definitely notice a difference with ceramic vs normal

definitley do ceramic tint. I generally tint the front windshields of my vehicles 35 or 50% with Ceramic and do the sides in 15% ceramic. Havent done the 60 yet though. There are a TON of windows on the 60. You will definitely notice a difference with ceramic vs normal
I understand ceramic is what will give you the UV protection when you go clear (which is why I want it), but what other benefits have you noticed?

I just did ceramic on our 2nd gen Sequoia (35% all around expect windshield) and it makes the interior just so much more comfortable. Less eye strain and defiantly cooler on hot days. As you mention the ceramic gets the better properties (UV / cooling) even in a lighter tint film. When I was at the shop they said I would get no additional benefits from 15% over 35% except darkness and I wanted to keep the front windows legal so I went 35%.

I get the classic clear look but you might consider a 50% for just a bit of shade, I think the clear is rated at 80%

700 is also probably reasonable for ceramic - I was just under 500 but the place only works on post-2000? cars because they use a plotter to cut the film so it less labor hours charged. paid 300 years ago for the basic tint on another SUV.

Anyone have preferences for ceramic tint brands? FormulaOne and Xpel seem to be what the better tint shops in the area carry and they're both around $1k per my quotes a couple months ago. I got busy and haven't gone ahead with it yet but curious what folks like.

Anyone have preferences for ceramic tint brands? FormulaOne and Xpel seem to be what the better tint shops in the area carry and they're both around $1k per my quotes a couple months ago. I got busy and haven't gone ahead with it yet but curious what folks like.
1k for Llumar Formula 1 sounds reasonable. Im wating on some Llumar quotes. Was quoted $900 for Suntek Cir, $725 for Dub IR, $580 for Excel IRP Nano. All prices with Windshield incld. Hoping the LLumar CTX comes in about same ballpark, if it does...ill go with that.

Got a quote for Llumar CTX of $780-$1080. Ill def be doing Llumar. Same price for LLumar Formula 1 Streatos...so, guess ill do the F1

Last edited:
1st Stratos Quote: $1080
2nd Stratos Quote: $1320

#Stokes
Screenshot_20231018-122251.png

That's outrageous. I would be expecting closer to 700 for full ceramic, including the full windshield (which, i really like to do 50%)
Im ok payin $1080 for Llumar Startos Formula 1 as its a top shelf tint!

Man tint has gotten crazy. The stereo shop I worked at we had a window tint company use our shop forever 2 door car 199.00 brand name high-quality tint of course not ceramic this was in the 90s lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom