Will a 3fe cam work in a 1F? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I currently need a new cam in my 1F due to bad pitting. I plan to put new lifters and cam in. When I was searching for a new cam I noticed cruiser corps is showing there cam they offer, working from 68-92 land cruisers. If this is correct I have a used 3fe engine apart and the cam is in good shape. I havent removed my cam yet to compare but just curious if anyone has done this or heard of it.

Once it has been run in, each cam lobe is "mated" to it's lifter. You always keep the lifter with it's lobe. Never switch them around.

THe 3F uses different lifters than the f/2f. The cam will physically fit in your F but the lifters won't.

The cam specs are slightly different too (the cam timing is... retarded a dew degrees IIRC).

Mark...

Once it has been run in, each cam lobe is "mated" to it's lifter. You always keep the lifter with it's lobe. Never switch them around.

THe 3F uses different lifters than the f/2f. The cam will physically fit in your F but the lifters won't.

The cam specs are slightly different too (the cam timing is... retarded a dew degrees IIRC).

Mark...
Awesome thanks for the help! Ill just order a new one for the F

Do a bit of research here on replacement cams and oil passage holes. I think you want to make it's drilled on the correct bearing journal.

Delta RV cam is popular. I think it's the same as manager, but you can buy it direct or through summit. Probably cheaper.

A couple threads... light reading 😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom