Will FJ dipstick work in a BJ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cannot find a diesel dipstick. Can someone measure the distance from the full mark to the metal cap on the handle for a 1979 gas engine and also for a diesel to see if they are interchangeable?

No. The B engine has the dipstick on the left hand side (facing forward) and it curves from low down up to the intake while the gas one sits on the other side and is a short, straight tube.

I'd post a wanted ad here in the diesel classifieds:

Not a purest. An accurate working oil pressure gauge is the most important thing to me, I added an illuminated direct read gauge to mine. I used a section of fuel hose from the back of the gauge to the engine side of the fire wall to cover the oil pressure line - no face full of hot oil in case of failure.

Find something somewhat flexible that fits in your dip stick tube - 8 gauge solid copper wire, annealed brazing rod, some other oil dip stick like a Ford 300 I6. Warm up your engine, drain the oil in a clean container if you are going to reuse it. Measure the oil as you put in the correct amount - now take the "new" dip stick and insert it. Mark the full level,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom