Builds Who likes addition? (FJ-60 + 1HZ) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lid looks great, but IMHO that is the absolute worst place you could install a fire extinguisher if you intend to use it. I cannot think of a less-accessible area anywhere inside the truck.

Did you put dynamat in wheel well storage areas too?

I did.

It really quiets down the truck to have that mass on those large body panels.

Dan

Lid looks great, but IMHO that is the absolute worst place you could install a fire extinguisher if you intend to use it. I cannot think of a less-accessible area anywhere inside the truck.

That's not the only fire extinguisher. Just the one that'll be stored in the back. Open the tailgate and it's easy enough to get to. And so long as the tailgate opens it'll be accessible enough.

Dan

Not that I got a lot done....

But yesterday we finished timing the Prospector (Dad's '78 FJ40), and I got the radiator, AC condenser, and intercooler mounted.

IMG_5705.JPG

I also finished the radiator shroud modifications. Captive nuts to secure battery cables, blocked a hole off so it flows Air correctly, and drilled holes so it fits the factory radiator captive nuts.

Not much, but something!

Busy busy!

Dan

What intercooler is that? It isn't very big, however I like that you retained the stock radiator and condenser mounts.

What intercooler is that? It isn't very big, however I like that you retained the stock radiator and condenser mounts.

It isn't huge. I just wanted a little bit of intercooling. It's a 28.5"x7"x2.5" tube and fin AL FMIC. I don't remember where I ordered it from.

Looking good Dan! Is that a new latch and new hardware for the condensor too? Looks shiny!

The hardware is the only stuff that isn't new! ...but I do go to junkyards, pull Toyota hardware, and have it replated. :)

We've got buckets of nice shiny Toyota bolts in the shop!

The latch is new though. Love it.

Dan

Wow, that's hardcore dedication! I'm impressed.

I don't do anything in half-measures. ;)

The pick-n-pull is always confused when I just haul out a bucket of bolts.

Dan

@DanS HJ-45 <--- I read this whole thread in the last couple days. Updates? Hope the house project is going well.

The house project is indeed going well.

No real updates on the 60 though. Too busy spending all my time and money building the house. I'd like to work on the 60 though!

Dan

Did you work on the 60 yet?

The little window buck on the right side of the picture? Weighs more than an H55f in s crate. I have picked up my H55f, I could not pick up that window buck. ;)

The bucks (frames) are made of 6x12s. For scale.

Dan

Dan, I cannot give any compliments that haven't already been given. I have read a few of your build threads and they have all been top notch.

For future reference, plain labels can be printed using any label maker, then covered with thin, clear heat shrink. This allows you to see the label, whilst keeping it protected from peeling off, getting dirty, etc.

One final note, when making wiring looms, run a few zip ties through the peg-board holes and loop a thin strip of Velcro through the two ties. Repeat this everywhere you had a single tie or bailing wire. The Velcro loops are infinitely adjustable and are quick and easy to use. If you have the space, you can lay the peg board flat and hang it up or lean it up when not in use. This makes building wiring looms of all kind a piece of cake, as you are simply laying wires out on a big table and securing them as you go.

If you really want to be OCD, get you a cable comb. They are great for keeping all of the wires in the same locations throughout the loom, dressing looms with snake skin or loom tape, etc.

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom