Which Noco Jump Starter Battery To Buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Definitely do not leave these in any hot environment for extended periods of time. I had one that started to expand, Antigravity brand. Bought a Noco GB50, should be plenty of power for Land Cruisers.

I have the Noco GB70 (2,000 Amp). Never had to use it on the 80 but have started a bunch of other cars/trucks with it. Its probably (definitely?) overkill but I like it.

I’ve had one of these for a few years now. It boosted my 12HT over a dozen times without being recharged. Its really light, components are high quality. It’s one of the real things that give me comfort when I shut down miles from anywhere in the bush. I have the XP-10, they didn’t have the Heavy when I bought mine. Tell them you are on IH8MUD, might be worth something 😉

I have this same model. I haven't used it on the land cruiser but I have jumped an f150 (v8) several times with it on a single charge. It fits in the glove box and comes along on all my wheeling trips. I wouldn't leave it in a hot car though.

I appreciate all the replies. I had the Anti-Gravity unit another poster mentioned above and I don't recommend it. The battery post clamps are cheap plastic, and mine broke just from bouncing around in my rig for a couple weeks (not hard crazy trail bouncing, either.) Many others on Amazon have reported similar clamp failures just because the materials are weak. YMMV.

I appreciate all the replies. I had the Anti-Gravity unit another poster mentioned above and I don't recommend it. The battery post clamps are cheap plastic, and mine broke just from bouncing around in my rig for a couple weeks (not hard crazy trail bouncing, either.) Many others on Amazon have reported similar clamp failures just because the materials are weak. YMMV.
Don’t buy AntiGravity Batteries on Amazon. It’s been known for years they sell the name, not the same product with cheaper components. Mines been through the wars! Buy from manufacturer only.

Posting up a reply to my own original question here.

I bought the NOCO GB70 and it's a beast. I detached my positive battery cable to simulate a totally dead battery, then attached the NOCO clamps to my positive cable and negative battery terminal. The GB70 was only showing half a charge at the time. I then turned on my headlights for a full minute (the NOCO instructions say to turn everything off, and I was trying to make it difficult for the unit). Then I cranked my starter 2-3 times with my kill switch in the off position. The engine turned strong, almost as strong as my regular battery. Then I flipped the kill switch to on and it started right up. I put the kill switch back to off, cranked it a few times, kill switch back to on, it started right up again. The charger then showed 25% battery. I felt like it could have just kept starting the truck.

My conclusion is that a fully charged GB70 is more than ample to start our trucks. A GB50 might work fine, too. I'm going to keep the GB70, as I like the margin of having a more powerful charger. I don't want it to be the case that my jump starter must be freshly charged in order to work for me. I'm sure I'll end up in situations where I haven't charged the unit lately and I still want it to work.

I'll add that I live in SoCal, and I did this in July, so I can't offer any information about cold weather performance at this point.

Just thought I'd post up my experience.

Which gen? My C6 is the most difficult car I've ever had to jump.

Does it not want to take a charge? Ive had three LS vehicles and the engines are always easy crank/jumps.

I have several of the Noco GB40 and they give several jumps out of each charge. Had them for years too, keep one in each car, never had a problem.

Does it not want to take a charge? Ive had three LS vehicles and the engines are always easy crank/jumps.

Apparently it's the way the electronics work, requires a ton of amps?

I've always been nervous about leaving Lithium ion batteries in the truck on hot days but this deal was too good to pass up for what is an important accessory (but maybe don't store it in your truck for long periods when it is hot out): SlickDeals Link
Type the coupon code in manually (do it from incognito mode if needed) to get it for $45.

Wagan tech ionboost v10 in my rig..

Local company and the owner wheels a 100 series.

I also used them for a papr power source

I have the GB70. During covid I couldn’t drive the cruiser due delayed parts. However I still need to Move/start it occasionally. Jumped it about 6 times, Noco worked every time. No regrets.

Side note: the size, weight, price and ease of use of these are reasons I no longer consider an aux battery a critical must have. It’s totally changed how I plan out my vehicles.

Can’t jump start a car with a turbo:flipoff2:

Definitely do not leave these in any hot environment for extended periods of time. I had one that started to expand, Antigravity brand. Bought a Noco GB50, should be plenty of power for Land Cruisers.

Same happened to my antigravity pack. Lasted one summer.

Same happened to my antigravity pack. Lasted one summer.
Yeah I was happy to catch it before it turned into a worse state of condition. Ended up taking it to Batteries Plus so they could dispose of it properly. I took good care of that and it was always stored indoors unless I was using it on a long trip somewhere.

Recently had two batteries die within 24 hours of each other.
Have a NOCO 7200 charger that has done a good job in the past but both those batteries had dead cells and the charger couldn't bring them back.

So good timing of this thread, may pick up one of these Lithium Ion compact battery packs, really could have used one these last couple of days.

Last edited:
Based on my own experience, and the other posts here, the consensus seems to be that for an 80 Series the NOCO GB50 is enough, with the GB40 being not quite enough, and GB70 being more than enough. Just my two cents. There are other jump starter options, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom