Which Noco Jump Starter Battery To Buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, for those who have bought and used, or considered, the Noco jump starter batteries, what size have you used? I realize bigger is better, but it's also bigger, heavier and more expensive.
So, where did you think the sweet spot is for an 80 Series?
If you've used one of these on an 80, please chime in.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I don’t have that one but I have an OEM Tools Li-ion setup and it’s amazingly small, lightweight, and works very well. I have jumped the 80 more than once, the Corvette, and my kids cars. Definitely worth having one of these in the truck.

I have a ravpower 600amp and I have used successfully on many vehicles/lawn equipment except for a 7.3l diesel ford. I also later saw a youtube comparison; Project Farm test that mainly panned the noco boosters.

I have a noco gb70 in my 80. Works great! The smaller one (gb40 i think) is good, and more compact, nice for the junkyard, incase you need to test stuff before you buy it. I am about to order a gb150 to carry in my 18 wheeler, I originally bought the gb70 for that, but soon it found a permanent home in my 80.

Just picked up the !000a size, my friend has one and uses it at work, think it would be plenty for an 80. Were thinking about picking up a 2000a for our company for larger equipment, dozers and backhoes.

I bought this, and actually used it yesterday for teh first time...to my suprirse it actually worked lol! Battery was dead as I havent driven it in a couple of months.
41z2FnlXAJL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Amazon.com.au

GOOLOO Upgraded 1200A Peak 18000mAh Portable Car Jump Starter (Up to 7.0L Gas or 5.5L Diesel Engine)

With the LC sitting from time to time for months at a time my battery would die, so I bought this NOCO battery jumper and have used it a few times on the LC and have jumped a few other cars that have needed around town, at the apartment complex with no issues.

I have a GB70 and it has jump both my HDJ80 and VDJ200. I also have a GB40 and that thing failed to start my VDJ200. Then again it’s only rated up to 6.0L gas, 3.0L diesel.

I’ve had one of these for a few years now. It boosted my 12HT over a dozen times without being recharged. Its really light, components are high quality. It’s one of the real things that give me comfort when I shut down miles from anywhere in the bush. I have the XP-10, they didn’t have the Heavy when I bought mine. Tell them you are on IH8MUD, might be worth something 😉

Thanks for the responses, guys. I appreciate it.

Interesting video here. Project Farm does some interesting comparisons.

I don't have the NoCo jump pack but do have a jump pack in each truck. And have used them a number of times to start cars, my LandCruisers, lawnmower and even the Dodge.

hth's
gb

Noco models are each designated by max engine displacement. I have the GB40 which is good up to 6 liters gas or 3 diesel. No complaints and stays fully charged.

I have the 40 and 70 - both have jumped both the 80 and my C63 ( 6.2 ltr) when needed, the 70 certainly seems to have more punch and catch within the first or second turn. The 40 likes a bit more time but does the job. My 70 did a great job starting a guys 7.3 powerstroke that was fully dead in Big Bend this winter at 30 degrees.... I'd err to the larger version personally.

E

I have the GB40 and I was a bit disappointed trying to jump the 1FZ-FE with a super dead battery. I think the next larger size is a safer bet.

GB70 minimum. I have the 40, and I'm not impressed.

I have the XP-10. Has a flashlight and a few USB ports also.

I recently picked up the GB150 4000. Last month while in CO I left some things plugged in the lighter adapter on my 02 Duramax (parked for 2 weeks). Batteries were totally dead and this little box fired it right off. Will always traveled with this addition to my tool kit

Don't recall if it was the NOCO specifically, but I recall reading about these compact chargers exploding in vehicles a couple of years ago. Has anyone had any direct experience with this? They seem like a no brainer to keep in your cruiser, unless they are a legitimate hazard on hot days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom