Where is everyone mounting their subwoofer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of getting new speakers throughout and would like to mount a subwoofer somewhere within the truck. I've looked at under the seat, but doesn't seem to be enough room for the thinnest one I can find. Do you guys have any thoughts on where works best out of the way and still sounding good?

A million thanks in advance!
tg

Hey Tuck -

I've used LCP's Puma Mount to put an Infinity basslink on with quick releases.... it fits well into a mostly unused area over the wheel well. Planning to do the same on the new 80 but might use an unpowered JL sub this time...

E

The stock hole worked well for me.

The stock hole worked well for me.

There are two, depending on model.

The LX's had a sub mounted inside the center console. The LC had one mounted in the RR kickpanel in the cargo area. (6")

I had this beast leftover from my old car.
upload_2018-7-13_8-57-36.png

I put a call into JL Audio and they advised a .75 cu. ft. sealed box for the 10W1V2 driver. I pulled the driver and binding post cup then stuck it into this $36 sealed enclosure from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007TJDG6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Perfect fit and the sound is just as solid as the ported box. It JUUUUUUST fits between the fridge and my 2nd row. Maximized space! The only issue is the terminal cup is on the slanted side, against the seat. The bottom of the seat back drags over the wires terribly. I'd leave the cup in it comes with since it's flush and fills the 2-5/8" hole and install a 2nd binding post cup on one of the sides. That's what I'll be doing this weekend. I will be installing angle brackets which will tie into my l-track to hold the enclosure down.

There are two, depending on model.

The LX's had a sub mounted inside the center console. The LC had one mounted in the RR kickpanel in the cargo area. (6")
Whoops! just read this one. Good to know and the amp was just mounted there as well?

And this worked well on the passenger side in the rear? Do you remember what sub you used for it?
Whole hog mount. Kicker sub. Installer glassed a box around the mount.

The factory amp is up behind the glove box on all.

Built mine into a 20mm ammo can lined with 3/4" MDF. Lashes down easily, makes a convenient table, and is extremely easily removed. Infinity 611a is mounted just under the driver side rear window between my cage and side of the truck.

20170219_165429.jpg

What's a subwoofer? If the stereo happens to work in my trucks its usually off anyway because they're loud or the tires are loud, or I just want to hear whats around when i'm wheeling.
How old are you, grandpa?:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom