Auxbeam 6 gang Fusebox mounting advice. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I received a Auxbeam switch system for a Christmas present and have been struggling to find a place to mount the fusebox in the engine bay. Here is what I have tried so far:
-Inside the battery box- too thick. The 8 gang fusebox would fit here ironically.
-DS firewall- provided battery harness is too short. I could create my own harness to length but this is supposed to be plug and play right?
-DS fender- not enough hood clearance.

Right now I am planning to make a bracket to fit the back side of the charcoal canister bracket and suspend the box in the no man’s land between the PS area out and the intake plenum. Has anyone had any success elsewhere? Am I missing an obvious solution?

Thanks!

Find a good place to mount it and then modify the cable lengths as needed. Keep everything nice and neat, protect the wiring with loom, etc.

Not sure on dimensions of the Auxbeam fuse box but have you tried fitting the box on the front side of the battery box (the space between the box and the core support)? I made an aluminum bracket on one of my old 80s to hold a couple balllast and a small blue sea aux box.

I just used the supplied 3M tape and fed the wires into the dash. I extended the harness and mounted the fuse box on the firewall. It’s been like this for over a year and I dig it
IMG_9407.jpeg
IMG_9408.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom