Where does this hose go? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RevISK

SILVER Star
Threads
1988 FJ62 3FE smogged.

Doesn’t show this hose in the FSM.
It’s the 5.5mm one coming off the air filter housing.
Going through and replacing all my vac hose. This was disconnected.

Thank you in advance,
Ian
IMG_9963.jpeg

If I remember there is one that goes into the distributor… it’s very strange.

image.jpg

If I remember there is one that goes into the distributor… it’s very strange.

View attachment 3442630

I think this is correct. I don't have a 3F-E to gander at currently.

That hose isn't a part of the vacuum diagram system because it shows in the air filter housing schematic which would make sense with this picture above.

I think this is correct. I don't have a 3F-E to gander at currently.

That hose isn't a part of the vacuum diagram system because it shows in the air filter housing schematic which would make sense with this picture above.
Thank you Onur, I believe Nolan nailed it.

This forum is so insanely helpful.

I hope I can shake hands with you someday.

Ian

@wngrog
My offer stands to be your shop b!tch for a spell any time.
I know how to work a broom and also which end of a hammer unscrews a bolt.

Seriously, I’d come out on my dime to lend a hand just to pay you back the wee bit I’m able for everything you do for us.

Ian

@wngrog
My offer stands to be your shop b!tch for a spell any time.
I know how to work a broom and also which end of a hammer unscrews a bolt.

Seriously, I’d come out on my dime to lend a hand just to pay you back the wee bit I’m able for everything you do for us.

Ian

Ha. What an offer. I actually never get anything done with “help”. I’m guilty of putting most of my threads out there so I can remember what I do….

Ha. What an offer. I actually never get anything done with “help”. I’m guilty of putting most of my threads out there so I can remember what I do….
I totally get the help doesn’t help thing. Similar in my world.

Your posts however, are a gold mine and so very treasured here.

Thank you for that.

If you ever change your mind, I’m very versed in photography, construction, vintage trailer restoration, design, and cleaning parts.

I’m pretty good at welding, sewing, and knowing righty tighty from lefty loosey.

Dude. I wrongly attributed your response to Nolan. So sorry. You were right and I wasn’t reading responses clearly.

Stupid…
You can’t take your man love back now. I won’t have it

There was indeed an open port on the distributor.

You are a national treasure Nolan.

Thank you.
I’m throwing an ID10ot code here.

Gawd what a dumbass. I was just so excited to see the correct response. Imma go grab my shovel and dig a hole to hide in…

Thank you @Gimme a 60 , you nailed it.

You can’t take your man love back now. I won’t have it
Oh, I still man love you. I just feel bad I gave @Gimme a 60 ’s credit to you. You even said you didn’t know and my fart brain just skipped over it.

Grabbing my broom and heading east, I’ll see you in a day or so. I’ll be the lurker trying to sweep up.

Don’t shoot…

But who is Nolan?

Oh, I still man love you. I just feel bad I gave @Gimme a 60 ’s credit to you. You even said you didn’t know and my fart brain just skipped over it.

Grabbing my broom and heading east, I’ll see you in a day or so. I’ll be the lurker trying to sweep up.

Don’t shoot…

It’s all fun and games.

Well, what started as a simple post requesting aid turned into a decent set of lessons.

A) read your posts replies carefully
B) Canadians are still my favorite neighbor to the north
C) Onur has excellent taste
D) Nolan hasn’t said he won’t shoot, so I’m painting my broom orange and dressing up as a nun
And…
E) that slightly bigger hose coming from the air filter goes to the distributor and has nothing to do with vacuum but as I saw in another post, can contribute to your distributor self destructing if it’s not hooked up.

Good night folks,
Ian

I missed all of this. Y’all are all great. And I’m flattered I was even mentioned as a possible source of this information :D

Also, I’d be happy to drive over from ATL and sweep up whatever @RevISK missed, or just sit on my camping chair and keep everyone’s beverage fresh… either sounds like fun.

The distributor for $100, Alex.

I missed all of this. Y’all are all great. And I’m flattered I was even mentioned as a possible source of this information :D

Also, I’d be happy to drive over from ATL and sweep up whatever @RevISK missed, or just sit on my camping chair and keep everyone’s beverage fresh… either sounds like fun.

The distributor for $100, Alex.
Well dude, you certainly know a thing or two about 62’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom