Wheels that work, part numbers (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finding wheels for the FJ60 was a pain! Thanks for everyone that’s posted here, it sure helped! I decided to go with the TRE Pro wheels! I didn’t want to use spacers and couldn't find the right back spacing. They are wrapped in 265/70/17 Toyo A/T 3. Had planned to go with 275/70/17 bfg ko2 but, it only gained 1/2 inch and were $55 more per tire.

View attachment 2480889

View attachment 2480890

View attachment 2480891
Nice looking to do this same wheel...So, I assume you needed spacers...what size are they? Also mine me asking about what looks like a 4plus bumper? Did he also build the ladder? Mine didnt come with that option is all....thanks

I’ve been following this thread and need help with wheel selection and tire sizing. I’d like to go with 17 inch wheels and Nitto Terra Grappler 285/75/17s (33.83” tall by 11.22” wide as advertised). These are the tires from my 74 bronco with really good tread left and I love how those ride (different story, but I’m going to 35x12.5 RTs on that truck). Right now on my 62 I have the original 15 inch wheels and 31’s. And around a 2.5” old man emu lift. the truck was already lifted when I bought if four years ago, but that was roughly the lift estimate in consulting w/ Georg and Tor who have both done work on it. So will this tire size fit without rubbing? And what do u guys think of these two wheel selections? (Links below). Also, these show 4.75” backspacing. I saw earlier in the thread that folks were talking about 3.5-3.75” BS, but can’t recall if that was on a 15” wheel. u guys thin these will work? And let me know if you think they don’t go with the look. I know it’s all personal opinion, but fire away.

and this wheel:

and picture of my rig so you can visualize.....thx
View attachment 2615428
The 309 for sure of the two. I have the same set up and run 285/70/17 stock FJ Cruiser wheels with 1.5" spacers. No rubbing. I do happen to have TLC calipers from a donor v8 swap a few years ...dont ya just love the v8? Gosh, now its my daily...having it rebuilt as we speak. Betsy Build if ya wanna follow....

Obviously these are in a box in my garage, unfortunately I'm thinking they may not fit at all? They are AEV Salta XR for and FJ60 think it's possible?
The center bore is my main concern they list it as 106.1 but it appears to start at 106.1 at the base then tapers down to the opening which is pretty narrow around 2". The fitment is a Tacoma, 4Runner, Prado. My FJ60 is getting a paint face lift this week, so I can't pop a rim off and see for myself. Bad part is I love the rim and would be pumped if they fit. Thoughts?

Salta XR.jpeg

Last edited:
The 309 for sure of the two. I have the same set up and run 285/70/17 stock FJ Cruiser wheels with 1.5" spacers. No rubbing. I do happen to have TLC calipers from a donor v8 swap a few years ...dont ya just love the v8? Gosh, now its my daily...having it rebuilt as we speak. Betsy Build if ya wanna follow....
Thx for the reply, and yeah! That LS3 was such a game changer. Mine is my DD as well, and that power is just so much fun. Especially on those big hill climbs compared to the old engine. have not picked a set of new wheels yet, but soon!

@studawg , yeah, dragging up old $h!t. quick ? how did you like those p78's? considering them for my 60. thanks
Man I loved them. Wish they still made them in the larger sizes. I will say the 16x7 wheel I was running it on was too wide for that tire I think. When I aired down to hit the trails, I popped the bead, and if it had been a 16x6, I think I would have been good. I may have aired down a bit too much. But for that tire, I think a 7" wide wheel is too wide and 6" is just right.

Man I loved them. Wish they still made them in the larger sizes. I will say the 16x7 wheel I was running it on was too wide for that tire I think. When I aired down to hit the trails, I popped the bead, and if it had been a 16x6, I think I would have been good. I may have aired down a bit too much. But for that tire, I think a 7" wide wheel is too wide and 6" is just right.
cool. thanks for the quick reply man. also the heads up on possible wheel width. i generally run single digit pressures when wheelin'

Unless my eyes deceive me, your anti inversion rear shackles are up side down and could damage the leaf spring under full compression (can't see the front).

shackle.jpeg

Trying to decipher the wealth of info here to order a wheel.
The one i'm looking at is aluminum: 17x8.5, 6x139.7 Bolt Pattern, 0mm Offset, 4.75 Back Spacing, 106.2mm Hub bore
seems like from the info here it should fit. My truck currently has a 15" & i'm measuring 4.25" from the back of the wheel face to the rim (is that accurate backspacing?)
I'm assuming the added 1" of radius / 2" diameter would help the wheel clear the TRE?
Thanks for any help.

Trying to decipher the wealth of info here to order a wheel.
The one i'm looking at is aluminum: 17x8.5, 6x139.7 Bolt Pattern, 0mm Offset, 4.75 Back Spacing, 106.2mm Hub bore
seems like from the info here it should fit. My truck currently has a 15" & i'm measuring 4.25" from the back of the wheel face to the rim (is that accurate backspacing?)
I'm assuming the added 1" of radius / 2" diameter would help the wheel clear the TRE?
Thanks for any help.
same here....im sooooo lost. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom