Whats your favorite tire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mcbparts.com
Last time i bought a set lots of guys were loving the Trxus MT

Is there any others out there, maybe a little cheaper? I am trying to decide between 35" and 37"

Can i run stock wheels with 37" or are they too narrow?

The truck will be driven to the trails so i am hoping to find a somewhat quiet tires, i am NOT concerned with wear

I am moving up to a 4-6" lift

Thanks

Can run 345/75/16 BFG KM2s on OEs, but all the BFGs I've ran don't measure up stated size.

In retrospect, I wish I had forgone keeping the OEish look and swapped for 17", due to more available tire options.

I'm running 345 75 16 KM2's on stock wheels with 1" wheel spacers and a 1" coil spacer...they wear amazing...have 17,000 miles and still look new, no cupping or weird wear...just a little chopped from rocks.

I'm running OME J's with no dropped bumpstops, and no front swaybar...they stuff great! Had to do a lil trimming, but nothin crazy...

Just my 2 cents...

Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ.

Great tire, reasonably priced.

345's on stockers here also. 1" wheel spacers, 30mm front spring spacers on ome j springs and 1" body lift. The first test will be this Sunday. I haven't had my 345 km2's offroad yet but I had 315 km2's for 3 years and loved them so I figure more to love with 345's

Last edited:
I've not run enough tires to have a favorite but i can vouch for the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor (E rated) being pretty quiet for a truck tire.

Ive had two sets of Wrangler Silent Armor and have been very happy with them on stock rims. They are pretty quiet at all speeds and are very grippy in snow. Ive only had them in 285/75/16 because they do not make them bigger without moving to a 17" rim.

365/75 km2's love em! Have 255/70's on my tacoma and love them as well, moving up to either 40" nitto's for my next tire though

Ive had two sets of Wrangler Silent Armor and have been very happy with them on stock rims. They are pretty quiet at all speeds and are very grippy in snow. Ive only had them in 285/75/16 because they do not make them bigger without moving to a 17" rim.

Yeah, I have 16x8 mojaves, so when i found an online ad from a disco tire 2 hours north of home with a set of 265/75/r16 silent armor for $500 with 95% tread left (bought back from a customer who changed their mind), I couldn't call them and read them my visa numbers fast enough.

Would have cost $1k + ship from tirerack for the same rubber new. BFG's that were leftover from the PO were getting near their wear bars.

i love my toyo open country mts. of course their my first set of mt's ive always had bfg at.

two of my favorite tires
935.jpg
1007121355b.jpg

1-Cooper Discoverer STT
2-Bfg km1
3-Federal Couragia (so cheap but so good/ noise my only issue)

I have 255/85 KM2's. The KM2's are my favorite tire out right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom