What is your favorite color for factory paint in an 80 Series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to repaint my 80. It has a grey interior.

2 Questions

1-What is your favorite factory offered paint color? Bonus points if you post a pic of it.
2-Where is the best place to get high quality OEM Toyota paint colors?

I don't know sh1t about paint and colours are very subjective. That said only 2 colours came single stage (no clear coat to peel off) and those were white (045) and Black (202). Logically to me only those 2 colours matter. :popcorn:

I want to stick with a factory color. Black is out to hard to keep clean and white is out because life is short. currently my 80 is a color I believe is called Moonglow. Its a 97. The other one is a 93 and its a kind of grey color.

White. Only white.

Is there are recommended source for paint?

Moonglow is a good color. The original single stage 045 White lasts a very long time, no clear coat to fade or discolor, just keep it polished.

If you wanted to try something different, look at the Limited Edition Blue Marlin 80 series, was sold only in Austraila as a Blue Marlin package.

Color Code 8J8

Last edited:
IMG_20180410_170216.jpg

Mine. Not the best pic, but it shows the color.

There's also a dark metalic green I like

Those colors are great. I like Night Shadow Pearl.

Where is the best place to source good paint?

DSCF3959.JPG

Green, always green! The finest LC color!

If you have Moonglow, you have the best color, period (in my opinion at least). I bought a new door handle and got the only color that was in stock at the time. Since it was "gray" I assumed they were no longer sold as color matched and it would be primer gray. Nope, came in moonglow. My wife asked if I was just going to paint it white. I said nope, I will by a truck this color to match before I paint this door handle. White is the last color I wanted, they are all white, but what did I do, I bought a white truck. It was chalky flat white, but it buffed out. I don't know what that single stage white is made of, but it's probably illegal now.

Jason

If your going to Replace the 2nd most favorite color on an 80, one can only replace it with the 1st most favorite color, Antique Sage..
Don't forget the door Jambs and engine bay.

White all day long

Be a man among men!

Screenshot_20230726-101143.jpg

Until my paint is completely peeling off, Moonglow it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom