What is your favorite color for factory paint in an 80 Series? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_1628.jpeg

Moonglow all the way

Depends on what it is for:
80 trail = single stage white 045
80 street = grey metallic opal/moonglow pearl 1A6 with black pearl emblems, etc.

And my all time favorite that I had on my 2013:
200 street - amazon green metallic 6V2

Nightshadow Pearl is my all time favorite. Have had mine for almost 11 years now, but it's a beater. One day, I can dream, the plan is to find one totally stock, triple locked, and keep it fancy and nice.

I want to stick with a factory color. Black is out to hard to keep clean and white is out because life is short. currently my 80 is a color I believe is called Moonglow. Its a 97. The other one is a 93 and its a kind of grey color.
I disagree about white having a short life - my 80 is from 1992 and is factory 045 white. Yes it's getting badder by the day but it's matched up to all the clear-coated ones.

I disagree about white having a short life - my 80 is from 1992 and is factory 045 white. Yes it's getting badder by the day but it's matched up to all the clear-coated ones.
I think he was more referring to “life is too short” as in white is boring and he wants something with more character.

I preferred finding a white 80. All of the black accents add character and compliment well with white. I knew I would be adding bumpers and armor that would all be black. Plus wheels and a roof rack that are black. To me it all disappears with other colors, so 045 was a clear winner.

My 91 paint holds up quite well for a 30+ yr old rig and compared to most newer models with clear coat,...

Yup. and the best part is, with a cut and polish, that white will look basically brand new... once clear coat is gone, it's gone. love my 045

4k1 light beige metallic. Original paint has held up very well over 30 years.

IMG_0908.jpeg

White!
Second choice would be sage.

IMG_6990.jpeg

IMG_6989.jpeg

I love the Moonglow on my truck. I like white but everyone has white so I tend to look past it when I consider repainting my truck. Most likely when a repaint happens on mine it will be Moonglow again. Such a nice color. Only complaint is I wish I could get rid of the factory bronze tint and do a more common dark charcoal tint.

Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom