What’s this part and where can I find a replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
First post. Me and a friend are trying to get his fathers 69FJ 40 running. Has in-line six. Has all new components under hood. Distributor, points, plugs, wires, etc. The last mechanic who looked at it Said it was a problem with this relay/regulator looking thing. I’m having a hard time finding out exactly what it’s called and where to find one. It’s located on the firewall in front of the driver’s side of the engine compartment
3458944E-C50B-446C-B315-25097BCA8E24.jpeg
under the clutch master cylinder. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
2FFD3030-8885-471B-AE66-2B2B5E03E305.jpeg

I just got this thing over here yesterday so I haven’t done mich but check resistance in the coil.
Owner stated that he and “a mechanic” replaced the electrical components (coil, plugs, wires, set points, etc. They had it running for a couple of minutes and it just died. Checked all fuses. “Mechanic” narrowed it down to this regulator.
It turns over but will not fire.

I’m green when it comes to FJs. I’m VW guy at heart. Same concepts tho... air, fuel, spark.

this diagram was in the glove box. I see the regulator on the diagram. The one in FJ has more coming off of it. Idk if this is relevant or not.
4892DAAF-AF01-4392-A772-49EF87434A23.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom