What weight Mobil1 Do You Run??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I switch back and forth between M1 10w30 and 10w40. Does anybody recommend against the 5000 mile M1 oil/ Just curious becuase its consistantly less expensive than the high milage.:confused: It seems to me that it should cost more becuase it lasts longer.

About to switch to 5W-40 Turbo Diesel Truck Mobil 1

I switch back and forth between M1 10w30 and 10w40. Does anybody recommend against the 5000 mile M1 oil/ Just curious becuase its consistantly less expensive than the high milage.:confused: It seems to me that it should cost more becuase it lasts longer.

Are you talking about the Mobil Clean 5000(I have used this many times before) b.c I don't think that is Syn., but it is supposed to have a higher ammount of moly in it for added protection. Don't quote me on that but if I remember right the guys on Bob Is The Oil Guy.com have seen good results with it.

yep. thats the stuff. ive got in right now and havent noticed a change in oil usage or anything so nothing bad. Just wondering if it was a lower quality because it was less expensive. thanks.

It is probably one of the best dino oils available. They call it 5000 for the extra detergent in it and not b.c its synthetic.

5W-40 Turbo Diesel Truck Mobil 1.

Are you talking about the Mobil Clean 5000(I have used this many times before) b.c I don't think that is Syn., but it is supposed to have a higher ammount of moly in it for added protection. Don't quote me on that but if I remember right the guys on Bob Is The Oil Guy.com have seen good results with it.

That's what I use, but I think the only way you can tell if an oil is any good, is to see how many miles your engine can make before a rebuild. I'm shooting for 300k, I just consider it a long term test;)

5W30

Not Mobile 1 but ELF Total Evolution synthetic

(cuz I got a bunch of it real cheap)

No one runs the castrol European formula? It's expensive at your local Autozone

Posted earlier with 0W-40 and have changed to 5W-40 turbo diesel

No one runs the castrol European formula? It's expensive at your local Autozone

I use that in my subaru and my mom's bmw. Good stuff.

5W-30 M1 year-round
Napa 1515 filter
No consumption between changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom