What weight Mobil1 Do You Run??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

5w-40 turbo diesel truck, year round. I had consumption issues with 0w-40 (1 quart per 500-800 miles) Now about 1 quart per 2200.

Same here, I'll go with the Rotella synthetic 5w-40 if they're out. I recently tried the Amsoil 5w-40 Synthetic to see if I saw a difference but still burn two quarts between 5 - 7K oil change no matter what I use.

Walmart Supertech straight 60w

Joke for all the oil obsessed here. After 165k of dino i didn't see the need to switch, Rotella 15w-40 dino

Also mobil1 0w-40 for 2 oil changes (15k) since I bought the truck. Blackstone reports say its good oil and a good truck. Still have a rear arch leak, but cant tell if its better or worse, but dont really care either.

0w-40 m1 for me 125k

0W-40 M1 @ 170K+ miles consumes a quart every 5000K

Mobil 1 High Mileage 10w30/40 blend. It's my special recipe. Leaks at the valve covers are gone. Consumption is still 1qt at every 4-5K miles. But the UOA was awesome. I have it posted in the OIL FAQ

Thought this was an interesting statement:

"Analysis of the test results showed that the Valvoline SynPower provided four times better wear protection than Mobil 1."

(Valvoline.com > FAQs > Motor Oil > Full-Synthetic Motor Oil)
also wonder what this means - from the same site

1. Does using synthetic oil create more sludge?
    No. Synthetic oils do not increase the chance of sludge. Valvoline motor oils are 100% anti-sludge guaranteed.

Anyway I like Rotella and Mobil 1 and like 0-40 in the winter and 5-40 or 5-30 summer. My main reason for using synthetic though is I "believe" from what I read that it resist sludge build-up and "varnish" better than standard oils.... and maintains it's rated viscosity longer before breaking down ...(but I am NOT a chemist - so this is conjecture!)

My friend is an oilfield mechanic and gets Mobil 1 10W-30 in 55 gallon drums. Price is right (free) so that's what I use. No problems. Virtually no consumption. My old bikes ('84 Honda XL600R, '71 Ducati 450 R/T, '81 Ducati Darmah) get the 15W-50 stuff.

Still with 10w40 high mileage at 195k. No leaks on the driveway and consuming maybe 1/4th a quart every 5k.

5w-30 Mobil 1 Clean

Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40 year-round. Zero consumption during 5K oil change intervals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom