what purpose does the rubber cap serve on the tub? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
When mounting top to tub, I bought the proper 'gasket' for between the top and tub which consisted of two strips of black foam, that will cushion and quiet the top to tub connection, and length of rubber cap for the lip of the tub. What purpose does that cap serve. The first is already snug, if I put it on, the top will sit higher. Can I go without?

Here's some more insight:

Thanks for that, that's totally different than the one I bought. I'm confused.

When mounting top to tub, I bought the proper 'gasket' for between the top and tub which consisted of two strips of black foam, that will cushion and quiet the top to tub connection, and length of rubber cap for the lip of the tub. What purpose does that cap serve. The first is already snug, if I put it on, the top will sit higher. Can I go without?

Use both. Some info on helping set the side, the trick, baby powder: -> Hardtop-to-Tub weatherstrip

This is what I got from Cool Cruisers - totally different.

IMG_5071.jpg

If you leave the weatherstripping off the cap and water gets in and over the lip the lower weatherstripping is there water will be trapped between the lower weatherstripping and the lip of the tub. keeping things dry will help prevent rust.

I bought the same gasket set from Cool Cruisers. Pretty cheesy, and not really worth the money even though it was pretty cheap anyway. Regardless, I installed mine, stuck the sticky to the top half of the sides, as I like to go topless in the summer, and didn't want to have the foam stuck to my tub. I use the edging, and seems to keep the area between the metal top and tub dry.

My next set will be from City Racer. I bought his cap gasket, and it's super nice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom