What is the largest tire I can fit with no lift? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here you go, fresh installed 285/65/18 ko2s no lift ahc

pWnE7fk.jpg

ifVfAuC.jpg

Fantastic. I just ordered 275/65/18, but they won' place the order until the morning. I think I have to change my order. All good, no rubbing? The wells really look like they need more tire than the small tires I have.
Here you go, fresh installed 285/65/18 ko2s no lift ahc

pWnE7fk.jpg

ifVfAuC.jpg

Fantastic. I just ordered 275/65/18, but they won' place the order until the morning. I think I have to change my order. All good, no rubbing? The wells really look like they need more tire than the small tires I have.

I haven't heard of anyone rubbing with a 285/75. I checked full bump, at full lock left and right and I had no rubbing. 285's are the way to go :)

A 295 tire will rub a bit.

This is a 305 70R16 with no spacers
zb7z.jpg

hlqp.jpg

305 70R16 with a 1.5" spacer
hqdy.jpg

3vem.jpg

You had "hellaflush" without the spacers... Now it looks like you've got a bit of a "poke"going on.

Probably makes sense to pull the spacers off and sell them to me at a hefty discount! :)

-G

At full lock I have some rubbing in the front on some plastic box, but it's an insignificant part so one the tire creates enough room it will stop rubbing. Haven't done any off roading yet to see but most likely it won't as in the picture it's in the neutral position on the AHC. Next size up in the ko2s is a 305/65/18 and I wasn't willing to do that with ahc

At full lock I have some rubbing in the front on some plastic box, but it's an insignificant part so one the tire creates enough room it will stop rubbing. Haven't done any off roading yet to see but most likely it won't as in the picture it's in the neutral position on the AHC. Next size up in the ko2s is a 305/65/18 and I wasn't willing to do that with ahc
What wheels are you running? They look like the Tundra BBS wheels... but I thought those were 20"?

What wheels are you running? They look like the Tundra BBS wheels... but I thought those were 20"?

Your guess is as good as mine. When I first got the truck they came with some 20s and I told them no. So they happened to find these 18s and threw them on. When I got the tires and we unmounted them I couldn't make out the brand but they are some italian wheels. Specs from my recollection was 18x8.5 +30s? I'm surprised they are as flush as they are with those offsets but okay.

Your guess is as good as mine. When I first got the truck they came with some 20s and I told them no. So they happened to find these 18s and threw them on. When I got the tires and we unmounted them I couldn't make out the brand but they are some italian wheels. Specs from my recollection was 18x8.5 +30s? I'm surprised they are as flush as they are with those offsets but okay.
Looks good to me! Funny story about those wheels.

Do you have a pic and are you still happy with that size? I was thinking of the 275/65/R18 BFG KO2.
. I wish I would have went with 285 or 295 but I don't have lift kit n don't think it will fit without rubbing. Width wise they look small on 18s.

Currently sitting stock, haven't installed OME, but put on KO2's, 285/75/16 with no issues. Great tires. Spare fits underneath fine as well, if that's a concern.
23563149944_ddcdfff169_b.jpg

This is a 305 70R16 with no spacers
zb7z.jpg

hlqp.jpg

305 70R16 with a 1.5" spacer
hqdy.jpg

3vem.jpg
Schwein, did you put the spacers on for rubbing? or looks? Looking at a set of Coopers in that size and I don't have a lift.

Thanks! I was concerned with the width but the rolling diameter is about the same as the 285 offerings. Does look good!

Currently sitting stock, haven't installed OME, but put on KO2's, 285/75/16 with no issues. Great tires. Spare fits underneath fine as well, if that's a concern.
23563149944_ddcdfff169_b.jpg

Like the look Bowie! Reminds me I need to remove running boards! You ever hit Shoe Creek?

Hello group, I apologize if this has been asked before, I'm new here. Where can I find information on what wheel/tire packages will fit (and/or offset specs) a 99' LC with 2.5" lift? I want to put 16" Method Wheels and was looking at the 295/75-16 BFG KO2's (33.4" diameter). If you have a similar setup, please share your specs and photos.
Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom