What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (64 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good, Jim. You're closing in on a full soft top. When are they gonna be ready for production? :)

Thanks, The weather is cooling so I'm moving from the bikini's to concentrating on a full top...Hope I have something finished in a couple weeks.....I'm happy with the progress so far.....

I bought a rebuilt carb for the F motor in the cruiser that I have still not purchased :idea: It needed a carb to run and I said I will not buy it unless I see it run. The carb was only 165 shipped and was rebuilt by Mark A? Someone on these forums I guess. Hopefully I will be driving it home this weekend...

Then the fun can begin! :bang:

where did you get those, that'd look nice on my ride.

i used the following .

http://grote.com/product.php?product_number=44891&x=18&y=9
relay
cost me 14$

Grote Industries: Product #91740 - Open Grommet
grommet

Grote Industries: Product #53312 - Red, Grommet Mount
light

together for two were 35$ 4 1/2" hole saw is also needed

i wired it through my trailer brakes , so it would all work.

bought them all from truck shops ,they are the cheapest and the only ones that carry them , I got the flasher from western star and lights from international . trucklight is 3 times the price of grote, the grote's are good lights and are completely sealed , im very happy with them.

Last edited:
Technically it was last week, but: out with the old tires, in with the new...
IMG_8195.jpg
IMG_8201.JPG

drove my BJ42...
just like pretty much every other day:meh:

i took my cruiser out 2 weekends ago on a trip for the first time since i got it a year and a half ago and blew a tire 15 miles into the trip so i put the spare on and limped home. i then took the atv out and had a blast the rest of the day. i got home and was pissed about the tires so i ordered up some brand new 33 12.50x15 super swamper tsl's and some black steal rims. i installed them tonight and i gotta tell you this thing rides better and handles better. it sits 2 inches taller too lol. the old lady was yelling at me why i would do that to her but she doesn't know that tonight i am ordering some 1.5 inch over shackles to compliment the 4 inch lift. oh and i am extremely happy with summit racing, their shipping and support was awesome as always.

Installed a FC Fabrications removable Lincoln Locker in the rear end. Pulled the soft top and doors and wheeled the crap out of it at the FJ 45 run with Georg and the boys.

When is that spare tire mount going to get mounted?

Clay bar the paint.......Liquid Glass after that.......Drive it around and provoke the haters......HaHa....

Finished grinding all the bedliner, bondo and paint out of the tub

IMG_0693.jpg

Finished grinding the foam tube cover, duct tape, and paint off the rollbar

IMG_0695.JPG

POR-15 on the tub

IMG_0703.jpg
IMG_0693.jpg
IMG_0695.JPG
IMG_0703.jpg

And finally...

Refurbed the heater with a kit from Shane while I had it removed for the bedliner.

IMG_0698.jpg

Wanted to get this stuff done and get the cruiser back on the road before my first kid is born in 2 weeks. I don't reckon sweetie will let me play in the garage all weekend any more for a while.
IMG_0698.jpg

Finished the cage and seat cradle, finished the front bumper and MT stinger and worked on the rear swing away bumper.

The suspension guy finished the front axle swap, next is the suspension finally and sand later this week.

I've got two weeks to be ready for paint. I've got parts powdercoated and other stuff to install. I better get cracking...

Well, I went out on Saturday and got stuck in 1M of boghole, (3 and a bit feet).

Here's the video of the days effort.

YouTube - Toolangi Sept 12 2009

So I have taken the radiator out and cleaned it out as it was full of mud and sticks and silt etc...... and my temp was a wee bit higher than normal, and I've had to get a new solenoid for the starter and also get that cleared out as it too was full of mud and silt. It's all sealed up now and ready to go back on the Chev, and the raditor will be back in tomorrow.

Then it's off to the brake place to get the new cables in for the rear disc brake e-brake/parking brake.

While all thats going on, I'm building a Cobra, so it's a busy time here. :p

Pulled out the jumper seats and started grinding the rust out of the tub in hopes to get some work done before winter and while the weather's still good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom