What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I see that Toyota replaced 19611-60825 with 19611-B0825, but that shouldn't matter if they're essentially the same bolt - single captured split washer and 25mm long under the bolt head. How do the bolts you received measure?
DE694AF5-4E88-477E-99F7-D58582388235.jpeg

The threads measure 25mm. But as you can see, they do not have enough length to go through top housing to threads in lower housing.
The lower bolt that was on the housing by PO measures 40mm.
F9E25B8C-A24D-47AF-B495-9E0382FD0B60.jpeg

Last edited:
Actually, the brake lines run down the passenger side, so doesn't that make the left rear the farthest?

Yep, thas what I was thinking. The bleed order for a stk USA spec 40 with disc should be left rear, right rear, left frt, rt frt.

Yep, thas what I was thinking. The bleed order for a stk USA spec 40 with disc should be left rear, right rear, left frt, rt frt.
Once I replace the bleeder fitting, I think I’ll just redo them all in this order then...
Thanks!

When you replace the stripped bleeder screw you shouldn't have to do any additional bleeding, if your somewhat quick. Make sure the m/c res Is full. Then just remove the old one and replace with the new one. The fluid will gravity bleed while your replacing it, so no air can enter. If the m/c emptied then you will have to rebleed.

I know no FJ40 in 1945 .. but Happy WWII Victory Day!...
View attachment 2300517

Not to pick nits, but May 8th is VE-Day, victory in the European theater, when Nazi Germany surrendered unconditionally. WWII wasn't over until September 2nd of that same year (1945), when Japan surrendered. VJ-Day.

Not to pick nits, but May 8th is VE-Day, victory in the European theater, when Nazi Germany surrendered unconditionally. WWII wasn't over until September 2nd of that same year (1945), when Japan surrendered. VJ-Day.
True. I just late with post here for May8 victory in the European theater. Thanks for correcting me.

True. I just late with post here for May8 victory in the European theater. Thanks for correcting me.

No problem. The only reason it even matters to me is that my dad served in the Pacific Theater in that war.

No problem. The only reason it even matters to me is that my dad served in the Pacific Theater in that war.
My grandfather served in Soviet–Japanese war in August-September 1945. I raise a toast for all of them!

@imyahucklbrry and @anyone else doing hydraulic work

Here is my tip for working with a typical, or especially lower-quality, flare nut wrench on a frozen fitting.

GEDC1629.JPG

The Vise Grip will disallow the 10mm end on the flare nut wrench from stripping the nut, because it maintains, or even closes, the hex shape and it keeps the wrench from opening up just slightly when you use the torque needed to open up a frozen one for the first time. I replaced all the original hydraulic lines in my crusty 40 and stripped none of them.

Went for a drive in the fj40 with the wife and daughter and what do you know stopped at my daughters house and they both were there. So I took a rare opportunity to take a picture of the herd. My oldest daughter drives the fj62 and my middle daughter drives the fj80. Kinda brought a tear to my eyes.... It was nice to see my daughters too.

image.jpg

Met up with a couple of local Toyota aficionados for coffee and social distancing visit. 6 feet between each cruiser to the mm.😎 Got to admire an Iron Pig as I had never seen one up close until a few days ago.View attachment 2300965
Any better picture of the 55?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom